AuthorTopic: girl sprite  (Read 2668 times)

Offline bonofthedead

• View Profile

girl sprite

on: February 27, 2009, 04:26:01 am
after trying to make sprites using VERY few colors, i came up with a good looking sprite. now, first, it looked pretty crappy. i could draw a face that small, so i decided to cover it with something. it was a person, so i though, hands. but overall, i hated this sprite.

so i gave it another shot, and spent 3 hours on this, and only 6 colors.

im hoping it looks better. ive never really gotten smooth animation down, but i think its good. i dont know how id make an idle stance, so i didnt animate her standing.

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Re: girl sprite

Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 05:33:01 am
The animation part looks good, if there's anything wrong with it, I wouldn't know, I don't really know much in that department. (Not that I know a lot about pixel art, or art in general, but yeah..)

Her arms seem much too tiny compared to her body, though. maybe a few pixels longer, and quite a bit thicker.

The walk seems rather boring, but maybe that's what you want.

What are you using this for? I have to say the colors look rather bland and washed out. If it's for a game, it'd probably be in your best interest to reconsider your palette choices, as I'm pretty sure in her current state, she'd easily blend into a lot of things, and your eyes would have a hard time focusing on the sprite. Vivid, saturated colors, usually help on do this. (Although that's not the only way you can go about achieving contrast.)

Offline bonofthedead

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 05:57:44 am
hmm, i didnt notice the arm shortness, but now its bugging me a bit. as for colors, i wanted kinda a dull look to it, but maybe i should use more then just one saturated color.

Offline deziresoft

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 07:31:06 am
Looks, nice actually.  Kind of has a gothic, or maybe grunge feel to it.  I  just have to say, shrink the feet some, and increase the arm's length and width a bit.