AuthorTopic: Mmmm, crocolate.  (Read 3204 times)

Offline Pizza Tom

• @pizzadramon
    • pizzatom
    • View Profile
    • Blag

Mmmm, crocolate.

on: February 21, 2009, 10:34:43 pm
Trying to throw something pixelly together real quick for a portfolio.. Not looking very hot so far. xP

[image]
I was kinda going for a "Why the heck would I know?" expression, but it turned out more pissed off.  :(
Oh, and here's the reference, though I wasn't really going for perfect accuracy, just a pic to get the general idea.

[image]

(I haven't really even tried at the hands yet, don't worry about that part)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:59:19 pm by Regulus Awesome »
pizzatom.tumblr.com
@pizzadramon

Formerly Regulus Awesome

Offline platnium

• View Profile

Re: Quickie self portrait

Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 10:57:02 pm
Trying to throw something pixelly together real quick for a portfolio.. Not looking very hot so far. xP

If your doing it for a portfolio then why is it "real quick", wouldn't you want a peice you have worked for a while and made it looked the best you can?

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:42:34 pm
Try tilting the head like it is in your reference. Portraits tend to get a rigid look when people try to follow a grid.

Blue? I'm going to have to try to do a portrait with Arne's 16 color palette someday, I'm sure people are just trying bad combinations of colors when they attempt realistic skin tones.

Offline Pizza Tom

• @pizzadramon
    • pizzatom
    • View Profile
    • Blag

Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 01:35:04 am
If your doing it for a portfolio then why is it "real quick", wouldn't you want a peice you have worked for a while and made it looked the best you can?

Point taken. Also, after looking at it after a day, I can't find anything to like about the picture or the concept. >.> Guess I'm just too impulsive.

But! Rather than let this thread go to waste, I'll ask for critique on something else that I've spent much longer on.

This was part of an abandoned project, I was going to make a lot of different animal themed flavors of ice cream. This one was "Crocolate". xD Anyway, the spiky thingies on his back are giving me the most trouble. Help?

(By the way, is what I did around the mouth what you'd call anti-aliasing, or am I way off?)
pizzatom.tumblr.com
@pizzadramon

Formerly Regulus Awesome

Offline Pizza Tom

• @pizzadramon
    • pizzatom
    • View Profile
    • Blag

Re: Mmmm, crocolate.

Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 05:13:49 am
Small update:

-Tried to fix the spikes, not sure if it worked