AuthorTopic: Lil' Knight  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Kyle

• Balla
    • View Profile

Lil' Knight

on: February 26, 2009, 06:09:17 pm

Ello everyone! I'm just working on this little guy for a tbs game and would really appreciate input. I am having a large amount of trouble getting a face that I am pleased with.

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Here's an update on one of the characters, and I included a little example of what I was envisioning the playing field looking like as well. Crits please.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 06:40:19 am by Kyle »

Offline willfaulds

• View Profile

Re: Lil' Knight

Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 08:20:07 pm
Could you elaborate about the game or the character its difficult to crit without knowing what you are trying to achieve.

Otherwise I'd say top left is the best so far. Also have you tried one without the black outlines?

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 08:41:47 pm
Well I'm going to go out on a limb here. I assume by Lil' you might mean a kid, or even a toddler. In that case, what I would do is give him a 'baby faced' look, which usually, for me means, bigger eyes, and a smaller nose and mouth, maybe a gleeful expression to further represent it, and if possible some nice puffy cheeks.

Offline Kyle

• Balla
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 09:59:10 pm
Actually by lil' I just meant small. It is a gown man I guess, but I'm trying to achieve a feel similar to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance or Advance Wars.

The game is a turn based strategy game in which you control a large amount of enemies, like Final Fantasy Tactics, or even chess; just more epic.

EDIT: I modified the original post.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 11:25:10 pm by Jad »