AuthorTopic: Helen: facing the front  (Read 8432 times)

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Re: Helen: facing the front

Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 02:32:15 am
jedzed: Carefully inspect where landmarks don't align;

Offline jedzed

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 07:44:29 pm
Well I tried following your template, I agree with adding in a ribcage that comes out instead of what i have done and generally the top area, but when i tried lengthing the body and slimming down the hips, then it started to look weird :|. I'll show you just so you can see... i know the abs etc are mirrored, its going to be for the time being if i choose to go down the root of following that outline.

I don't really want to push Helm's advice away since he should know best with his talent and seniorority or however it is spelt, but i feel the template is going down the superficial route. Since bodylength, hip size, bust size and so on does vary.

Anyway's If someone could guide me the right way on Helm/Ptoing's template, I would quite happily consider carrying on with it, But anyway here is a slight edit from the what i was originally working on. Added in the ribcage, corrected a few anatomy problems and rippled the cloth...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 08:01:56 pm by jedzed »

Offline deziresoft

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 08:35:08 pm
Looking great, how about making the lines less visible? They're eyesores when looking at that xP

Offline jedzed

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 08:49:16 pm
Yeah, I'm gonna work on that towards the end, but i'll try my best as i go along :|.

Anyway's here is the latest update.

Offline deziresoft

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 08:54:20 pm
Looking better, I'm looking forward to seeing the detail in the legs.

When it's finished, you may have yourself a masterpiece, haha.  Just a simple question, why the abs?

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 08:57:08 pm
Looking at yours and then looking at the template-edited version, I do feel it is a bit 'squished'. Maybe somewhere in-between would be the ideal body shape.

Offline jedzed

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 09:25:13 pm
Looking better, I'm looking forward to seeing the detail in the legs.

When it's finished, you may have yourself a masterpiece, haha.  Just a simple question, why the abs?

Well... It was originally going to be a "Chun-Li" type character but it seems to be getting further from what it's original purpose is. But i'm happy because this has been a major learning curve for me so far...

Slight edit anywho.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 10:01:42 pm by jedzed »

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 01:37:26 am
that six pack is gunna freak me out on a particularly trying-to-be pretty girl

your choice of color, is your voice of color
BallsArt

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 02:24:03 pm
Try blocking in the entire body, rather than concentrating on one area and detailing it. You'll be able to get a feel for what is proportionally sound that way. I think the reason it looks weird when you followed Helm's guidelines was because you stretched out the abdomen without thinking about the structure (from what it appears, anyway). Biggest things I notice with it are that the abs are basically floating up away from the lower belly and the torso isn't built around a ribcage. Maybe your focus on the breasts as a silhouette is misconstruing your construction of the figure itself. Try imagining just the torso with no breasts at all, and imagine the shape of the volume, the roundness of it, and the planes, and see how the breasts occlude the ribcage, rather than replacing them. Crotch also seems too high in Helm-structure-reform you've done.

In regards to various parts of the body varying in size, etc, that's true, but there's still the issue of the body being in proportion to itself, which can't really be gauged well at this point with the figure being incomplete.

So basically: concentrate on whole form, come to detail when the whole is realised.