AuthorTopic: Helen: facing the front  (Read 8434 times)

Offline jedzed

• View Profile

Helen: facing the front

on: February 20, 2009, 07:42:03 am
Hey, Have not posted here or on pixeljoint for a while because of lack of interest, but meh im back something relit my candle for pixel art again. So anyway's i never planned on doing anything, until i seen this anime character on pixeljoint that looked so WRONG so i thought i might try edit it a bit and send it him. well as time went by i was getting further and further from the original so i just decided, this looks nothing like the original, i've changed the pallete, the outline, the style and everything. So i just thought I might actually just finish this, being the first quality pixel ive finished in over 2 years :) so anyways i will stop the banter and here it is so far, ive not got around to marking out the head or the bottom of the legs yet because i feel something isnt just right, on what is there at the moment. >:( So i've came back here to ask for some help :) and maybe a few ideas for the design prospect of it aswell. since it has no arms legs and head, theres still alot to think about.

Progress so far. :)

I'm having a few problems with the depth and the pallete and AA so if anyone can help me with that, I'd be soo grateful   :crazy:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 10:02:07 pm by jedzed »

Offline jedzed

• View Profile

Re: Helen: facing the front

Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 07:47:06 am
And so you don't think i've ripped off the original or anything, this is the orginal i was trying to edit, but i just carried on a bit too far, but im happy i did :D

Solitaires Anime Girl...

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 03:01:15 pm
I think that's going to give me nightmares  :o

Well, big improvement, but some things to consider:

- breasts look like balls taped on to chest, check out some references and pay attention to the way they come out of the surface
- breasts look spine-bendingly HUGE. Unnaturally so.
- appears to have no ribcage/lung space
- pelvis bone too small and misshaped, needs to come out at sides more I believe
- mirrored pixels make confusing highlights; shading in general needs more specification, ie where is light source?
- area where neck meets clavicles needs work; clavicles need to come down a little and curve
- outline jagged around insides of legs
- musculature on belly incorrect as far as i can tell. May be to do with lack of ribcage, since I'm pretty sure the muscles interact with ribcage fair bit
- pocket looks sort of like exaggerated hentai nipple

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 01:53:29 am
Camel toes seem to be a popular topic around here lately. I jsut wish people would stop making them look so scary. :blind:

i think the absence of that particular feature in your redo has added tremendously to your piece.

Offline heyy13

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 09:55:53 am
SO much better then the original i could cry. But there are afew things i would change. So i made a quick edit of some of the more pressing things.

Over all though.  :y:

Offline jedzed

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 07:47:19 pm
Ok, well heres my progress so far, My net was down so I'm sorry I could not post it up any sooner.

I've fixed the stomach area, and yes it is very muscly, it is supposed to be like that, but i still cant seem to get its chest area right, and the clothing to skin transition :|... it sorta looks like shes wearing latex...

So if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated  ::)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:18:32 pm by jedzed »

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 03:47:12 am
Getting there! I've given an attempt at assisting you with the upper chest area:

It's a bit of an hideous sketch (proportions are just messed to hell), but hopefully I've illustrated the important concepts to keep in mind. Also note bottom of ribcage.

In regards to the clothing, I believe the reason it looks like latex or body paint is because the clothes follow the form of the body absolutely, rather than their own form. Remember to visualise them as a kind of film that goes over the surface and stretches, bunches and hangs (depending on tightness).

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 03:37:23 pm
sorry to contradict you, Eyecraft. That construction is too packed, like the original is. This happens because the OP is working with a really cramped imagespace and subconsciously you're trying to fit stuff in there.

edit: Ptoing offers this much more useful schema.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 03:41:53 pm by Helm »

Offline jedzed

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 10:53:35 pm
Put in a rib cage and redid the neck section and the t-shirt... Really did take alot of fiddling around with, but I am happy with the result so far   :D

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 11:13:05 pm
Same problems are before remain.