AuthorTopic: Mini Soldier  (Read 3311 times)

Offline PyroPiranha

• "Leading Ninja Authority" - Ninja #2350228
    • View Profile

Mini Soldier

on: January 23, 2006, 09:56:12 pm
Whoa man, like...yeah, I havent actually posted a pixel piece in...
yeah...

Anywho, working a bit tiny, but I like it so far, might animate it, make some more...either way, I'd appreciate some C+c.

With regards,

PyroPiranha
-------------------
01/24 - Update below.
--------------------
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 04:10:55 am by PyroPiranha »

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Re: Mini Soldier

Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 09:37:11 pm
The third lightest green- the turquoise colour- could be a little darker. Likewise, the second darkest green could be a little lighter as it seems a bit difficult to see from the black. As it is rigt now, that second darkest black feels like more of an extension of the border than a separate colour, and it looks a little harsh and ugly in places like the leg and foot on our left.

Not too sure about the highlights on the gun, mostly because the way you've used outlines on the rest of hte sprite makes me want to see the gun have outlines. But I see why you've got them, so it might be a good idea to keep them.

Other than that, I really can't pick out much here I don't like. I like the pose, I think you made some reall nice use of your space. If you were to stick it in some game right now, it would fill out the collision rectangle real well, which is usually on my mind a lot when I make sprites.

I'd really like to see this animated, so get to it! >:(

Offline Doomraider

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 10:28:37 pm
It's very sylish, but I think the problem is that there is a way too small of a contrast between the outline colors, you should give them both contrast and if youre looking for a CG outline effect that I think you are, there should be maybe 3 shades for the selout

Offline PyroPiranha

• "Leading Ninja Authority" - Ninja #2350228
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 04:02:22 am
Great crits, thanks guys.  Let me know if anything else needs to be done before I animate this bad boy.  Then might aswell make a mock up with it :D

old new

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 04:06:44 am
Your latest update looks alot better. Considering how shiny guns can be, I think either the gun highlights are too dim or the eyes are too bright. Pretty neat either way, can't wait to see it animated.