AuthorTopic: [wip] Mion's Face from higurashi  (Read 7273 times)

Offline Rollerkingdom

• View Profile

Re: [wip] Mion's Face from higurashi

Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 07:48:02 pm
Thanks Dex.

Ok, So. I've progressed a fair amount since I last updated, though i'm stuck on the hair.

I really need some help on it.

(http://www.sendspace.com/file/vgcs7x the .gal file for the layers[for GG users])

the hair needs more texture but i loved the blood flow and the smile xD but yeah some more contrast on the face would look great!

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 08:37:32 pm
Goin on what Emtch said yeh I agree it needs more contrast and a bit more saturation, im not totally aware of who this character is but this is what I'd do from here.

<< Edit with green in skin << Edit with red in skin

Some more colour in the skin imo more than anything and instead of greys to AA to black from white and on the skin why not use something more colourful for variation. This would work with a red or green.
Also be a bit more daring in sharing palette colours, hue shifts and all that malarkey. I've tried to improve the AAing too, parts look a bit blured while other parts could do with more AA. The dark red of the tongue can be transfered to AAing the hair, as will a shade on the teeth if altered slightly. May not be your thing but colour sharing can sometimes improve a piece and keep the colour count down.
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Noveroth

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 09:06:03 pm
Thanks Terley, I definately see what you're saying, and yeah, I have to agree on my Over AA for around the lower mouth.

I Like the colour sharing with the green, not so much the red.

I'll see what I can come up with.

Btw, It's Mion from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.