AuthorTopic: [WIP]Marine  (Read 6336 times)

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Re: [WIP]Marine

Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 03:08:03 pm
Terley, that's a great edit.  I like it, I think it definitely need more contrast, since yours has another dark shade and pure white, but I'll look into smaller details.  I've started working on it already, just took me some time to reply.  Thanks again!

I'm thinking a slightly stormy sea with a sunset type thing, for the background, but the shading on the face currently suggests midday, so I'll go with that.  Any tips on shading water?
Also, it looks like you made the face less long, Terely.  Should I do that or is it a matter of opinion rather than realism?

Expect updates... soonish.
Toodles!
Shrike

Offline hotnikkelz

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 04:41:07 pm
The only gripe in Terley's edit is the pure white highlight makes him look porcelain, or plastic. It'll be nicer to have a pink/creamish hue at around 30-50% saturation and >80% brightness

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 05:11:20 pm
Edit over Terley's Fantastic edit:

Made him less chubby (he is a marine)

Palette edits

Added a few scars, to show character

Made some edits to the eyes, (changed them from a soft pretty blue, to a hardened marine green)

Hope it helps.

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 05:28:23 pm
Wow, thank you, Feron.  I think it's time for a serious revamp on my part.  I'll get working later today after school,  I'm definitely going to change a lot.  Mainly I want to thin him out, work on scars and such, give him some more 'tude and give him an ear.  :lol:

Thanks again, guys, expect stuffs!
Shrike