AuthorTopic: Help me to improve this! Tileset for game.  (Read 3103 times)

Offline MoRLOK

• View Profile

Help me to improve this! Tileset for game.

on: January 23, 2009, 10:58:00 am

How and what can be done better?

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Help me to improve this! Tileset for game.

Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 12:10:16 pm
Somehow proportions seem to be off. The size of the waves and the plants make it seem as though we are at least a mile high, yet the patterns in water and sand seem to be fairly up close.

It throws the scene off a bit.

Otherwise it's very pleasing. I'd work on smoothing the rocks a little, since they're a bit of pixel grain and noise goin on. The plants need a little extra loving too.

Loving most of the colors though :)

Offline Zenobia

• View Profile
    • Zententia.net

Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 12:18:10 pm
I really like it. It takes a bit of getting used to though. If it were me I'd try to make everything look a little more smooth and shiny and a bit less rough. But this style works too, to be honest. Especially the white of the waves at the shore is interesting, though I think you should make the shallow water look less chunky, for a nice transition.

Also, perhaps, to add to the comment above me, you could make some more sand tiles (a couple with less detail) for variation, and to match the rest of the image more

Offline Batzy

• Huzzah....
    • View Profile
    • GameBros

Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 12:24:56 pm
first off you could play with the contrast and then with the sand cause the pattern seems to repeat too much for me here's an very quick contrast edit

If it were me I'd try to make everything look a little more smooth and shiny and a bit less rough.

Zenobia i think that the rocks could be more rough and not so shiny  :hehe: but anyway MoRLOK keep up the good work

Offline Zenobia

• View Profile
    • Zententia.net

Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 12:28:46 pm
first off you could play with the contrast and then with the sand cause the pattern seems to repeat too much for me here's an very quick contrast edit
[...]
Zenobia i think that the rocks could be more rough and not so shiny  :hehe: but anyway MoRLOK keep up the good work

Haha and I think the contrast was fine as it was before! I liked the soft colours.