AuthorTopic: Bubbles competition: The last breath (Need heavy critics to win !)  (Read 11035 times)

Offline Arylic

• View Profile
Update 3.

Offline Rosse

• ssero
    • bluecrystalrod
    • View Profile
Good idea, good palette. The main problem is the not very exciting composition I think. I tried to remake your image with a more interesting composition and perspective

thoughs:

* use a long canvas and not square (I know max. 200x200, but use height=200, width<200)
* use a more interesting composition
* use a more plastic perspective on the face (not straight side view)
* use the shades to sculpt the forms
* don't go for a win, just have fun

Offline Arylic

• View Profile
You know what  ???  i am actually gonna submit 2 now  :D first of all i am gonna complete this one and the follow rosse's idea and make it as my second cool ehh ? so any suggestion on this art please  ???

Any ways rosse can you please resize that example of yours to 200x < 200 margin please ?

ill basically follow your perspective really nice,.

Offline Arylic

• View Profile
Ok...i have a idea now.  ;D  ill do my best on my current art...with your help  :y: and then when i have submitted that ill start working on the rosse's one cause i wanna take time and make it as a very cool project. SO any more critics and improvements on the current one please.  ???

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile
I don't know. You are kind of refusing to put any work in to make your piece better. I don't think I've seen you take on board one piece of critique so far and they were all very valid. You've already got a lot to work on. Come back when you are ready to work on something yourself and not have another person edit it for you.
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline lollige

• MrLollige
    • View Profile
    • MrLollige blog
Lol, how funny that this topic goes exactly the same as on PJ :p

First the image, than useful crits, than an update with no use of the crits, than at the end an edit, and then even more comments instead of a new image.
They also both end with a samelike post xD
/offtopic

Offline Arylic

• View Profile
Ok...by a healthy pointer by scamcore i am gonna do what you guys say but at the same time ill also add my stuff and what i think is right.

Ok salty i made the chin and the jaws a bit wide .

Kazuya mochu i improved the eyes to profile view.

Rosse. I added the perspective to the sea and also some minor details.

Any more comments on this  ? ???

Update wip 4.

Offline Arylic

• View Profile
Ok i am working more on this , i think for about 2 more remaining days to make it more interesting and hopefully be off atleast any value.  :-[

edit

Another wip.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 05:07:47 am by Arylic »

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art
hey arylic,

i have a couple of pointers/ crits about this.

-the nose isnt shaped where the nostril open to where the whole nose goes onto the face.
-your jawline is too round make more straight lined.
-the hand waving in the air, firstly thats some major dissability to have a gap like that in that thumb. firstly it looks like he doesnt have any volume in his hand, thirdly it looks like it is obese
-the teeth make him look like hes buck toothed
-the hair is unnatural in how it just magically goes to strands at a certain point.
-the dithering makes it look messy especially on that hand in the corner
-the water looks like it was done by randomly placed spikes. water is flowing not spiky.
-the bubbles look placed, i was looking at a fish tank filter a while back and the air doesnt go into a ball nor does it squish together vertically its more horizontally
-the eyebrows light source is muddled, dont forget it.
-the outlining, is unnatural and in some places (arm, bits of overhanging hair on the face.)
-i think Rosse's edit was mainly to show you that hes sinking... and so his hair should be grouping up (sorry Rosse if that wasnt the message you were trying to pursue)
-speaking of the hair... in the pool/water your hair doesnt clump, unlike this the hair looks clumped. individual strands.
-the eye wheres the darkness for the iris gone? you had it in earliest ones but it just dissapeared.

i think thats it (sorry if its rudely over-sized list i was trying to get them all so not many others have to post)...looking back maybe more than a couple

your choice of color, is your voice of color
BallsArt

Offline Arylic

• View Profile
Thanks balls01 ill take your comments in consideration but i may disagree on some pointers.

- The jawline was straight but as salty said it needs more round and bigness.
- The hair is meant to portray that its going up because the guy is coming down.
- Look at rosses water its sot spikes it that he is falling from the surface.

the rest i am improving it thanks though.