AuthorTopic: The Lovers [WIP]  (Read 7084 times)

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Re: The Lovers [WIP]

Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 05:35:13 pm
I just wanted to point out something I noticed when I first saw this. The woman is looking away, and while that is dramatic, I think you would have more of a dramatic impact if she was looking at him, or they were both looking down, with foreheads touching or something, and in the distance was something awesome, something so awesome, that she would rather be close to her man, than look at it. and vice versa. Just a suggestion though, keep up the good work :)
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Tobe

• www.rayteoactive.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
    • Rayteoactive

Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 06:58:27 pm
I agree with dogmeat. Right now she kind of looks like she wants to leave the guy...probably not what you were looking for.

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 08:26:08 pm
ye ol' lady looks like shes sitting on the dudes leg and than dude looks like hes got one of those taky-off legs to do that pose

your choice of color, is your voice of color
BallsArt

Offline Hydronium

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 02:23:46 am
I agree with dogmeat. Right now she kind of looks like she wants to leave the guy...probably not what you were looking for.

That was actually what I was going for in the beginning  :P I even had her shoulders turned away from him, but I figured it might unify it more if her body was turned toward him.

But after flipping her horizontally, I do agree that it has much more dramatic impact when she's looking at him.

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 03:03:35 am
I think the piece is more interesting with the girl looking away. Perhaps seeing another lovers in bliss piece just bores me, but with her looking away it adds another level of interest. Tgis is what I was talking about in my original post.

Offline Hydronium

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 09:10:58 am

I edited the woman's chin a little so she didn't look so deformed, edited the man's legs, and added in a bouquet.

That damn thing is driving me crazy; I feel the hand gets lost inside of it and isn't very readable. The man also needs a hand.

I decided to keep her looking away from him; not because it looks better but because I'm lazy as hell.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 09:12:31 am by Hydronium »