AuthorTopic: A dame  (Read 5850 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: A dame

Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 06:44:17 am
simple really :

without my glasses (aka, at a small res with closer shades) these look identical, but normally the difference is quite important in terms of shape and flow
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Bag Man

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 05:45:27 am
Well quick edit, try shading her arm, because she bolds it.

Hope it helps.

Try modifiying her chin, look at the hair over the glasses, she's not wearing a cap you should enlarge the hair like mine does.

She's showing one nose hole and a half, not only one. Shows the teeth, try modifying her lips...

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 05:49:41 am by Bag Man »

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 08:18:29 pm
the breast area doesnt seem right. that dent. yeah i know losing the bag is pretty hard. im rather amazed no1 picked up on that. yeah make her breast more round and less like the mentos-ice add with the guy with growing nipples(that maybe an excuisive to australia)

your choice of color, is your voice of color
BallsArt

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 09:08:06 pm
The piece suffers from fundamental misrepresentation of its forms. Watching the nitpickery go on where there are basic issues to be solved is a bit frustrating. I don't think you'll get where you want to go in this way, RobbieE. You need to start with your basic art skills. Drawing from life on paper and pencil, learning to measure for reproduction, understanding form and light and so on. Pixel art is not the medium in which to learn to draw in my opinion.

Offline QuaziGNRLnose

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 08:45:53 pm
curious as to why your using pixel art for this, its not really something youd use pixel art for.

if it were small i could understand, but its huge, and its not that great of a subject.

start on small things, when i first started i made A MASSIVE piece, and i actually got around to shading it, but you should start small, youll learn faster that way.
Originally posted by Jeff

I AM A GIANT DONUT MANATEE