AuthorTopic: Ideas?  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Ddawg

• Trying to listen to those who know more than me
    • View Profile
    • Dawg Pound

Ideas?

on: July 14, 2009, 04:41:44 pm
Atnas stay away from this thread, please.  :yell: (unless your not gonna put me down)

I want to make somesort of character sprite...Any ideas? ???
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 04:45:15 pm by CommanderD »
I don\'t want to be a bad boy like I was in the *gulp* past...Please be patient with me.

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Re: Ideas?

Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 06:24:29 pm
Fair enough, define what you want to do? Just a dynamic artistic still image, or an actual game character?
What theme, what perspective? Don't think about it, just pick the first thing you think of which will be compeltely random.
Otherwise, google something random, a game, a show, a person you like, or something completely different.
You don't need creativity with your initial idea, you'll probably change it halfway anyways.

Then when you got something, sketch it and post it, to turn this into an actual pixel art topic suitable for this board before it gets locked down and removed ;)

Offline Quake

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 06:25:29 pm
also, remove that atnas thing...

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 07:37:17 pm
I tried to send you a PM CommanderD but it seems as though you have blocked me.

Hi CommanderD,

I've seen you round a bit, and paid a bit of attention towards your more recent threads. I must say you're taking what the guys have been saying completely the wrong way. I have the utmost respect for them, and the advice they're giving you couldn't be better. Atnas especially has taken a lot of his time to try to help you, and what you give him in return is banishment from your threads. Is that really the route you think you should take?

I hope you reconsider the way you're going about this issue.

Peace,  :y:
~Larwick.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 07:39:53 pm by Larwick »

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 07:42:10 pm
What Larwick said. Regardless of what you might think of all the people here, they're trying to help you!
Critique can be hard to take sometimes. And it's often wrongly interpreted as an insult. But you have to understand that all the people are here to help you.
Atnas has done nothing but offered you help, yet you seem to think he's some jerk that's bullying you. We're here to help you get better.

You have to understand that this is not a showcase site. You post your art here to receive critique, to use that critique to improve your art.
Try to see it like a school. Every pixel art you make is a test. And we're the teacher, picking out the mistakes and suggesting what to do to fix those mistakes.

Offline coffee

• JohanAronson
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 10:13:41 pm
I think ive missed this, tho I think what is going on :)

I had the same troubble yeears ago, when I was under the username ; Umber. Some may remember some are probably too new. (I remember Peppermint pig was part of this)
I thought as Opacus said, this was some kind of showcase site, where I were to draw good things then people would celebrate me for my art.
I was stupid enought to start a fight, and stupid enough to believe that they wanted me to leave this forum. So I did, on my own command.

I didn't understand that they wanted to help. By doing edits and stuff.. I actually didnt even thought of that they more a less gave me a piece of their time
to make my style, art etc. become better.

What I grew tired of(naive enough) was that no one would write any C&C on my threads. That was because everyone knew that I was just going to
"give a crap" about what they wrote and dont even bother to edit what might have been bad. SO, all this resulted in... I didnt learn anything, I left...

Then after some thinking, I made a new account, new name, new start, I fooled everyone to belive that I was someone else then Umber(too proud to admit that I was wrong)
Ofc. They saw through my lies, (my art and writing was still the same.......god this is stupid). However, they knew it was me and they kind of forgave me, it was obvious that I knew what I had done wrong and everyone who was a part of this story was good humans and let it all go, they gave me a new chance.

So, that was really embarrassing... I beg you not to start a story like mine :) Just listen and learn, only you will loose if not.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 10:30:26 pm
CommanderD, there's a challenge & activities subsection. Lots of ideas there. Gonna click the notify button now.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 11:10:21 pm
I am locking this thread, and here's strike number 2 for your CommanderD. Reconsider your usage of the Forum.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.