AuthorTopic: woman [wip][NUDITY/REVEALING]  (Read 18759 times)

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

woman [wip][NUDITY/REVEALING]

on: December 17, 2008, 08:34:08 am
hello, merry christmas.

well im working on a naked erotic lady for the sake of boredome and teenage years, basically im asking for anatomy issues and what ever else you can pick up,

also if i post this on pixeljoint would i get reported or will i need a [nudity] tag?

i got the make pixels not war off the site:http://www.supertotto.com/0_SUPERTOTTO_1.0_lastdays/index.html

also theres no reference i did this from scratch

your choice of color, is your voice of color
BallsArt

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Re: woman [wip][NUDITY/REVEALING]

Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 09:06:33 am
Hey balls glad you are working on a complex piece like this. It's looking quite good!

I think some things could be improved though:

- Her right shoulder is way too big. Her left one looks a little small, but it works if you reduce the size of the right one
- Her hips are too short. The pelvis will take up more room then you currently have
- The neck seems to be too far to the right
- Her back leg doesn't seem to support her

Here is my edit, where I tried to address these issues:

I'm still not totally happy with her right shoulder in my edit, but I'm sure you can figure it out. Also, I must say good job on the shading, looks mostly correct to me.

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 09:09:25 am
the only problem with your edit i can see is that now the thigh looks like shes obese, ill merge both the pelvis you drew and my leg together because i am sooo proud and i dont really want to lose it =D

old pose
new pose NaCl has made

ive edited yet again on the pelvis to more NaCl said

i find problems with the chest and hands too
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 09:25:43 am by balls01 »

BallsArt

Offline heyy13

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 09:25:26 am
Uhhh... what? NaCl's edit does not look obese, infact i was going to suggest the thigh be thickened even more.

Also i can't really see a differance between your two poses.

I'd suggest a bust reduction, making the hands larger and giving the shoulders more definition. : )

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 09:41:52 am
yeah true i want like a stick woman (not literaly anoone whos just gona draw a stickfigure and post it)

made thigh same as NaCl's made hands bigger still not happy with them also wat do you mean "I'd suggest a bust reduction"

BallsArt

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 10:07:13 am
Make her boobs smaller.

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 10:16:09 am
any particular reason or just because it looks shabby

ill do so and also in what way like smaller in higher up or less round, what?

BallsArt

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 10:27:50 am
They're quite big but I don't know why he would shrink them, unless he was trying to create a very realistic style. He basically admitted he was making an erotic piece. What I'm saying is that the breast size is a stylistic choice, and thus I don't feel it is a great critique.

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 11:23:07 am
the material looks unnatural and looks like its defying gravity should i make the picture longer and do more of the legs and make it more natural or keep the same size and get rid of it?

quick edit/preview-
better edit-

edited-
arm,hand
legs
cloth/material

made cloth wrap around legs

i just did that pose 2 see the problems and i noticed that the had should be flipped
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 01:53:25 pm by balls01 »

BallsArt

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 02:49:03 pm
i suck way bad at drawing faces but heres my try dont laugh ok because i know you are becuase youll expect something half decent well ive been working bout 2 hrs on this now and im getting apsolutely nowhere its 12:08AM i even made a new file thats how crap it is

here we go ready, set ... LAUGH
im too emrarrased

:ouch:

i feel like im going to get many comments saying to try harder n crap but seriosly i tried my friken hardest!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 08:39:40 am by balls01 »

BallsArt

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 04:47:29 pm
looks like a dude.  the way he's twisting his body is pretty abnormal, and his legs are really short!  his shoulders are pretty round (too low) and his boobs reach way too high on his chest.
my boobs aren't up past my collar bone.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 06:24:43 pm
Wow, that's pretty rude. Saying that she looks like a dude might be alright if very vague, but then calling the 'woman' (see thread title) 'him' in the rest of the post is totally being an ass.

Don't be an ass.
' _ '

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 08:23:33 pm
Shoulders are not too low, boobs are too high making it look like that. The position of the body is not weird at all, only her right upperarm seems a tad thick.

Offline Red_Mist

• Not enough pixels in the world.
    • View Profile
    • FuzionLLC

Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 09:29:05 pm
I made an attempt to fix the some of the basic face issues... but obviously they are rough for I too am not good at faces/people (blind leading the blind, heh)

I think you did extremely well with this piece and would hate for you to stop because you hit a small road bump. Keep going, I hope this helps a little and I am very impressed so far with this one.

<Xion> I can't see it why can't I see it

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 11:22:47 pm
Head's too large at the moment, forearms are too small, legs are too small, here's some proportion ref to help you:

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 02:34:13 am
i think i went over all the points except for the face ill get the body right then ill work on the face buy the way thank you every one for your help

and i think imageshack has been moved to www.imagehosting.com because i used that site and the url had imageshack in it
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 01:24:29 pm by balls01 »

BallsArt

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 04:24:55 pm
went down and colored Red_Mist's face edit is there any anatomy issues with the face im focusing on then we will move back to the body and finally feet when all is done then i believe i shalt be done if background doesnt become like a priority

BallsArt

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008, 09:04:07 am
orite this topics gone abit dead but im still aint giving up, i dont want all of your time and help go to naught.

so ive tried doing hair i want like the nwe age slutty hair you know with the fringe n the bimbo blonde thing but coloring will come when i get the outline and what have you done.

here she is

BallsArt

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Reply #18 on: December 20, 2008, 09:49:09 am
I think you should fix her face up before you draw hair, draw her bald first then draw the hair on. Also, that nose is really long and pointy, probably why the face looks so ugly unattractive. Maybe the mouth should be moved up as well.

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: December 20, 2008, 10:47:33 am
Hey balls01,

I think there are a couple of issues in the face and head. First, I believe that you have the old chopped off skull syndrome on this piece (http://bos.typepad.com/carpenter.jpg). It is harder to notice in this one, because if you measure from the tip of the head to the chin, the eyes are in just the right place. However, her head is tilted forward, so the top of the head is actually not at the physical peak. Plus, the hair takes up a bit of room above the top of the head. Next, you are not paying attention to shading in the face! Unlike the body, where you thought about light source and stuff, on the face you are reverting to drawing symbolically.

On your nose, there is a dark line going around the left edge of the nose. This is not how the light would effect it. The light source is up and to the left, so the light would highlight the left side of the nose, and it would cast a shadow on the upper lip. The lips would not be equally dark as they are in your piece, the top lip would be in shadow, the bottom in light, and then the bottom lip would create some amount of shadow below it. You have ignored the whites of the eyes, and just made brown blobs with a highlight. Also, the hair would cast some amount of shadow on the forehead (I maybe exaggerated it a bit, but I think it works).

In my initial edit I tried to address I problem I think you have with your pelvis, but I explained poorly. I gave her a thick butt, but you can solve the problem and retain the skinny look you desire, you just need to move the leg down or thicken it so that there is room for the pelvic bone. Look at this picture:

See how much room there is from the belly button to the back of the thigh? Yours needs to be increased, whether through a thicker leg, or moving it down and extending the abdomen.

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 01:59:23 pm
i'm rather starting to enjoy people posting reference pics.

i always felt the body was cramped and stressed so i've tried loosening her stomach with extending it like you chose as one of the ways to do this. but i find with doing this would the arms also be able to be extended or will i have to replace them like last time? also from your reference there shoudlnt be any lightest shine just on that abdomen region at all

i know her head was always dodgy. thanks for the edit i appreciate it ill fix up the body and do a bit of a nickage of faces, if you don't mind that is  ;D also with your face your mouth and eyes look like shes got no emotion like shes terminator or something but ill see if i can edit =D

i think i made her too tall ill whip up another edit

also im thinking of scrapping the whole cloth idea and just put bra n panties, BIMBO BLONDE, if you went to my school i could pick out a good 5 or six with that color
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 05:54:31 pm by balls01 »

BallsArt

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #21 on: December 24, 2008, 01:42:20 pm
i felt that having the cloth and the new era hair didnt suit so i decided to try and make a single era instead of two different feels.

so i did the normal lingerie line up, originally it was going to be black but the hair suited the colors of the cloth

i still do have the cloth set up too

BallsArt

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 04:26:45 am
righteoo

i tried seeing what the pixeljoint community said if i added it to the gallery

they basically said it was sh**. the pose was wrong hands  bigger and breasts are meant to be different sizes, and they also said i should try and draw with a pencil.
 i asked ptoing of he brought anything else. he said basically all the same stuff and that i should try to draw more instead of tracing and so on

so in account for all these mess ups i have a wip that took me merely 3 days to do

her right breast does still look wierd im going to continue owrking on it

BallsArt

Offline abzdragon

• cupcake unicorn.
    • View Profile
    • Fishbowl Designs

Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 11:15:46 pm
I have to agree with what everyone else has said about drawing it first and looking at TONS of pictures to get your anatomy right... not just one. I hope you don't mind, but I did an edit of some of the things I think you need to work on. I kinda scribbled everywhere, but it's easier to show than to explain I think...

The shoulders were Way too broad and the stomach was lumpy so I edited that a bit. The breasts and legs are the problem areas (of course I might be biased since I love drawing boobs) and HER right arm (our left). You have to imagine the way she is standing her breasts won't look like two basketballs that don't shift at all. The face I think needs to be softer and more feminine, right now she kind of reminds me of Disney's Tarzan. Also, make sure if you decide to do hair that it looks like Hair not the back of Darth Vader's face mask. ;) Hair isn't meant to look like a hat. The head probably needs to be a bit larger as well. I think you just need to practice the female form a bit more before doing something so adventurous!!  Hope my ideas were helpful.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 11:18:24 pm by abzdragon »

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #24 on: December 30, 2008, 02:52:56 am
parts i found abit rude but helpful apreciate it i got one rolling in pj because i was told 2 by some people, as you might know.

but i dont understand why drawing in a different form is going to make it any better, i still have an unfinished piece, i still need to learn anatomy, i still will suck at drawing.

BallsArt

Offline abzdragon

• cupcake unicorn.
    • View Profile
    • Fishbowl Designs

Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 03:14:35 am
I didn't meant to draw in a different form... I meant your practicing the female form (looking at many different pictures of females and trying to draw them or replicate poses) will make you better at anatomy. You have to practice drawing before you just get "good" at it.

Edit:
I saw on pixeljoint you said you can't possibly draw females because you don't have any magazines and you have a brother. Well, the internet is a wonderful tool my friend. Use google images... OR start with that picture NaCl posted above!! Pick up a Vogue or something at the newsstand (I know I know, but it will only hurt your male ego once XD)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 03:18:21 am by abzdragon »

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 09:00:08 am
i live in australia we dont have newsstands ;D we have news agents (shop with magazines basically, were wierd are we)
yeah, true that. ill get a pen/pencil what evers laying around.... bugger, shops are closed

BallsArt

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #27 on: January 27, 2009, 01:27:19 pm
well... after a long time of sidetracking so on so on, i have came back to this and learnt... nothing... (atleast im honest...)

from my last reply i decided lets start again with that head of mine. and i still failed

BallsArt

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #28 on: January 27, 2009, 02:36:17 pm
I think you are jumping to pixel's really soon. its hard to draw the human figure. its still harder to draw it in pixel with size limitations.

your best bet would be to draw with just a pencil on paper and gradually become better at it.

I could sugest tracing over a photo for the porpouse of learning, as long as you are honest with it, specially to yourself, but I dont think your would get much out of that comparing to what you would get from really exercising your skills with some porper figure drawing.

Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #29 on: January 27, 2009, 02:41:45 pm
naww i just wanted a super hot chick with a guitar as my avatar coz seriously that avatar rocks kentucky socks, larwicks good=D, well, can i learn figures from learning from what ive done wrong here and what it should be?

and i was drawing with a pencil before, i sucked donkey genitals seriously im soo bad with pencil its not funny.

BallsArt

Offline hotnikkelz

• View Profile

Reply #30 on: January 27, 2009, 03:05:53 pm
Your last edit was a step in the right direction. Erase the boob lines for now.  Move in steps...focus on the general outline...for now.

Her right shoulder is a bit high.

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #31 on: January 27, 2009, 03:43:15 pm
thats something i can go by those boobs were annoying

BallsArt

Offline Accident

• Someone call the ambulance!
    • View Profile

Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 11:02:58 pm

<: I'm nowhere near close to an expert, but.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 01:20:26 am by Accident »

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 04:39:47 am
i appreciate the effort and the edit, but i dont think thats what i was looking for... you do raise good points though

BallsArt

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 04:47:07 am
Hey Balls,

Just because Accident's edit is the style you want, doesn't mean there isn't a lot of value there. He (she?) basically laid out the pose you are attempting with anatomical correctness. From that edit you can now see where the breasts should go, also.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 05:03:28 am
I think you're lacking very important fundamentals. In which case I'd recommend grabbing paper and pencil and practicing.

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 07:42:41 am
ive gont through that already...

BallsArt

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 08:09:54 am
ive gont through that already...
I should have elaborated. You seem to lack important fundamentals in basic human anatomy and structure. You seem to just be 'winging' it and just applying changes recommended as you go. You'd probably benefit greatly from first grabbing pencil and paper and practicing human anatomy. Also with this piece it'd help by learning what makes women look different than men. Especially in the face.

What I mean is if you just sit and make all the changes that you're recommended that help just this specific piece, without fully understanding how these improvements can be applied in any perspective, pose or situation, you're skipping a very important step of understanding what you're drawing.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 08:16:20 am by Dusty »

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 09:18:01 am
back to the drawing board i go then...?  :durr:

BallsArt

Offline dpixel

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/20306.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 07:07:07 pm
I think what you had in the beginning wasn't that bad.  A few tweaks to the hip area would pull the whole thing together and enable you to see the other parts better.  I know what it's like doing anatomy.  I could never pencil out a whole picture, but working pixel by pixel I can put something together.  I recently did a legs spead nude (too much like porn for this site), it was small...maybe 100x100.  It took me about 3 hours.  She came out cute too.   ;D  Yours looks 3 times that size.  As a beginner myself, something this size would probably take me 6 to 8 hours.

All I'm saying is it takes a lot of tweaking for me as a beginner.  So don't give up.  I think you have something going here.

Offline Accident

• View Profile

Reply #40 on: January 31, 2009, 03:05:55 am

No, it's okay. c: Perhaps this suits your needs better? I myself liked the beginning as well.

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #41 on: January 31, 2009, 03:15:42 am
i like they edit, but that isnt the style i was going for, i love you anatomic correctness though, i really do appreciate this, but im seriously starting to give up on this piece. mainly because of the delays. im not really inspired to go along with this though, but seriously, your perfectness is sooo nice. :lol:

BallsArt

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #42 on: January 31, 2009, 03:29:28 am
Ignore the style and use it as a second reference. All these edits can be used as additional references. Some make emphasis on specific parts so when you run into trouble in that area refer to an edit that nicely addresses the problem.
You can and are encouraged to keep your style. You've received a lot of help hear and it would be a shame not to take advantage of it. Either continuing what you started or starting a similar piece.

What Accident has nicely done is show you simplified volumes of your piece. Try at it again and use some of the edits as additional reference, that should help considerably.

Offline Accident

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: January 31, 2009, 07:14:13 am
You shouldn't give up! Art takes time. A lot... lot... lot of time. Took me six years to know this much about anatomy, and it honestly isn't much.
I personally like to take a break-- just wait until you've nothing to do all over again, and you'll be wanting to finish this bad boy (er, girl. >D) in no time.

It's not perfectness. xDD In fact, I can find some mistakes I've made right now. I also agree with Jonathan-- even if an edit isn't your style, at least try to understand where they're coming from.

<333

Offline dragonboy

• View Profile

Reply #44 on: June 09, 2009, 02:29:37 am
Sorry this is an old topic.  I've been drawing the female figure for a long time and the flaws look obvious to me.

First of all, make her waste skinnier.  Make sure the middle of her waste is a lot skinnier than her shoulders and her hips, but please don't overdo it till it looks retarded.  Secondly, her curve on the bottom of her butt and the crurve on her hip should form a perfect circle.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #45 on: June 09, 2009, 04:58:38 am
too old of a top. necro-posting is bad, try to stick on the front page

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #46 on: June 09, 2009, 11:56:25 am
Suddenly LOCK