AuthorTopic: allaze-eroler's WIP -tweaking the sprite-  (Read 25870 times)

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile
    • allaze-eroler's deviantart

Re: allaze-eroler's WIP -*yawns* i want a carrot as breakfast-

Reply #30 on: March 16, 2009, 01:26:54 am
There's some banding on the marshmellow kitty. Might want to try to fix that :)

indeed but they will be fixed very soon :)

well, i just recently done the parallax background and i can tell you that was damn painfull >_<

soon a mockup of one level ! :3

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile

Re: allaze-eroler's WIP -it's deeeep and it's daaaaark, go pain !-

Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009, 06:45:23 pm
hello folks, i'm me again and i think you will be surprised to see this plenty update :

my team and i were too busy to work on our game so, you don't mind if that we didn't share the work ^^; first, the main character :

walk cycle :

run cycle :

all the sprite in frame by frame :

and the naked version that was supposed to be a surprise in the middle of game but i decided to share it... so, there :

http://oekakiallaze.free.fr/projet/mail_tale/mychar_naked.png (nudity content)

she is about to take a shower so, it's in the spaceship and in her bedroom.

now, let me introduce the new character : the mysterious armless girl !

the armless girl :

so, we will now see the little cute marshmallow bunny :

well, it's all for moment and as you can see, it's alot of work on them XD the animation was not yet cleaned so, you're welcome to C&C ^_^

enjoy !
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 09:14:13 am by allaze-eroler »

Offline Emtch

• View Profile
On the running sprite, the legs could be improved. Right now it's very hard to tell which leg is where. The flapping of ears and tails is very good, but could be much smoother.

Same goes for the walking animation.

Offline Shrike

• View Profile
Walk animation is ok, but run is very stiff.

Also, in the walk the legs are pretty good, but in the run, his legs are twice as thin and don't bend.  Does he not have legs?  Or did he replace them with sticks?

Nekkid sprite doesn't read well.

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile
On the running sprite, the legs could be improved. Right now it's very hard to tell which leg is where. The flapping of ears and tails is very good, but could be much smoother.

Same goes for the walking animation.

i agree, for moment, we're still working on the other sprites. so, it will be soon finished ^^;

Walk animation is ok, but run is very stiff.

Also, in the walk the legs are pretty good, but in the run, his legs are twice as thin and don't bend.  Does he not have legs?  Or did he replace them with sticks?

Nekkid sprite doesn't read well.

like i said to emtch, it's still a wip and we're still working on and as it's the finals exam time, it will be kinda stuck ^^;

for about legs, that is a reason why they're sticky, it's because of art style that my main artist drew that way :

as you can see, the art style remind us the game called "animal crossing" so, that is why it's sticky ^^;

well, i recently create a storyboard for the beginning of our game :

i hope you will like this little opening :) you're welcome to give me some feedback for about it ^^

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: allaze-eroler's WIP -art style answer and a storyboard-

Reply #35 on: March 22, 2009, 11:17:28 pm
I see no sticky legs in the concept. What are you talking about?

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: March 22, 2009, 11:44:46 pm
This naked-lolita-antro-amputee business is strange and a bit disturbing. But...whatever. You do need to add a [Nudity] tag as instructed in the rules.

As for the limb construction, the artist most definitely does not draw stick limbs. They are rendered quite thick and fleshy. You need to reevaluate your sprites and pay more attention to your references. As it stands, the character meshes much better in the sketches compared to the sprites.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 11:50:01 pm by blumunkee »

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile

Reply #37 on: March 23, 2009, 02:15:56 am

that is because you're blind. i don't wanted to offense you, sorry...

This naked-lolita-antro-amputee business is strange and a bit disturbing. But...whatever. You do need to add a [Nudity] tag as instructed in the rules.

As for the limb construction, the artist most definitely does not draw stick limbs. They are rendered quite thick and fleshy. You need to reevaluate your sprites and pay more attention to your references. As it stands, the character meshes much better in the sketches compared to the sprites.

allright, i just didn't noticed it have this kind of rule. i will just hide the picture as a link for a better safe. and that is why i need to improving this sprite. if she have only one arm, that is because she use the mechanic arm, which it could be used as a weapon.

for about the limb, the problem is that : when we turn this character into sprite, we can't see the foot thing and turn them into stick legs. which we decided to keep them in this way.

ps : don't blame me if i feel rude, it's just because i'm just pissed off from one java stuff that i can't solve it...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 03:00:59 pm by allaze-eroler »

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 03:05:32 am
I'm sorry, I take offense on being called blind.

I can clearly see that the legs in the concept are thick, while the pixeled version is walking on chopsticks.

As Blumunkee says, I'd stick to the concept, it does look a lot better that way.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #39 on: March 23, 2009, 05:54:12 pm

that is because you're blind.

ps : don't blame me if i feel rude, it's just because i'm just pissed off from one java stuff that i can't solve it...

Haha, this is such a blunt comeback, made me laugh.

But yes, Gil's point is indeed valid and you need to be sure to follow your reference correctly, as it stands now both the reference image and the sprite have stumpy legs, but the sprite's legs are indeed much thinner and it does look a little weird. O:

And of course people'll blame you if you're rude to them. If you're feeling pissed off, then go take out your anger on something else and be sure to listen to the critique here. No. 1 rule of the boards IS 'don't be an ass', and while we're all assy sometimes, let's try to not be that on this board O:

Don't go around calling people blind, it'll spread the pissed-off-ness and soon no one will want to give good critique, and just fight about it instead. Heh. (: Remember to be nice, is all!
' _ '