AuthorTopic: allaze-eroler's WIP -tweaking the sprite-  (Read 25860 times)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Re: allaze-eroler's WIP -goddess of earth-

Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 12:37:52 pm
that's a lot more fitting for your game, good luck with coloring that hahaha.

the postules (is that what the male sticks of a flower are called??...meh u know what I mean) seem to be in the wrong perspective tho...they shouldnt arch so much if you're looking at them from above. there's also something weird in the shoulder/boob area of your godess, try drawing her without boobs and add them dangling afterwards.

do you have clay? (dont mean the wet one, the one that comes in colors and never dries...NOT play-dough...english aint my first language but I hope you get my drift)  try making a simple model of the godess and/or the flower then tilt it and copy...it'll help picture what she's like better.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 12:41:47 pm by Conceit »

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile
    • allaze-eroler's deviantart

Re: allaze-eroler's WIP -goddess of earth-

Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 12:58:18 pm
hello folks ! sorry for being so inactive these months. i have been working so hard on my game and it came out pretty well and i already got some sprite done by my new buddy and i got a programmer for my game :)

anyway, you can already check my official site but still working on it so, you will just see a simple "coming soon" so, you can also go to my forum that you're welcome to post some message :)

you can too check my blog that you're able to see the avancement.

the site :
www.no-frontier.com

the forum :
http://forum.no-frontier.com

and my blog :
http://blog.no-frontier.com

now, i'm looking for an other person who can help me to make some landscape and sprite for my game and it would be very welcome ! :)

anyway, there the new version of my first level that i'm still working on :

i hope it will be enough good ^^

Offline Gizmonicgamer

• View Profile

Re: allaze-eroler's WIP -some news and an official site-

Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 05:55:32 pm
Wow, for the most part that looks excellent. My only real complaints are that its a little messy, though that may just be style, and the green palette used. There isn't much contrast or hue-shift in it, and it just feels like it's kinda sitting there.  I'm also not a huge fan of the fact that there's a black line ontop of the water. Aside from that though, it looks quite good.

Have you made any progress on the two linearts you posted earlier? I'd be kind of interested in seeing some more complete sprites out of those.

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 06:13:38 pm
Wow, for the most part that looks excellent. My only real complaints are that its a little messy, though that may just be style, and the green palette used. There isn't much contrast or hue-shift in it, and it just feels like it's kinda sitting there.  I'm also not a huge fan of the fact that there's a black line ontop of the water. Aside from that though, it looks quite good.

thank you and it's getting better indeed X3 yes, it's kinda messy and that is because i lost the brush setting after my computer crashed up ^^; yes, the green is not yet perfect and i will try to fix it as soon as i can. it's not a "black line" because it's a dark green i used for the rest of water, it's the forum who make it black ^^, thanks again.

Have you made any progress on the two linearts you posted earlier? I'd be kind of interested in seeing some more complete sprites out of those.

ho allright, you're right about it and beside, one of my buddy did the first sprite of our hero :

the hero :

and there the progression of our goddess :

i hope you're happy to see her again :)

Offline willfaulds

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 08:10:47 pm
The hero sprite looks good and has some nice/fun design aspects.

Some things that you should consider:

The use of black outlines is very inconsistent - it does not relate to the lighting on the rest of the sprite.
Some of the internal lines of the sprite need a bolder approach to really distinguish volume and depth - particularly the arm.
You should start to think about a game palette that will be used when creating all the assets - this doesn't need to strict but should at least givea unifying feeling. maybe some colours could be strict so that you can give all art and sprites a some colour unity.
The detailing around our left eye is lost.

Anyway I made a quick mockup using your sprites. it illustrating the outlining issue on the enlarged sprite and hopefully shows you that so far the palettes of the background and hero don't mix too well. * the sprite loses priority to the backgound. maybe it'll give you some ideas? ^_^ wouldn't suggest this palette i just used brightness/contrast to alter yours

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 09:07:22 pm
The hero sprite looks good and has some nice/fun design aspects.

Some things that you should consider:

The use of black outlines is very inconsistent - it does not relate to the lighting on the rest of the sprite.
Some of the internal lines of the sprite need a bolder approach to really distinguish volume and depth - particularly the arm.
You should start to think about a game palette that will be used when creating all the assets - this doesn't need to strict but should at least givea unifying feeling. maybe some colours could be strict so that you can give all art and sprites a some colour unity.
The detailing around our left eye is lost.

Anyway I made a quick mockup using your sprites. it illustrating the outlining issue on the enlarged sprite and hopefully shows you that so far the palettes of the background and hero don't mix too well. * the sprite loses priority to the backgound. maybe it'll give you some ideas? ^_^ wouldn't suggest this palette i just used brightness/contrast to alter yours

ow! that is quite an hurst XD anyway, thx for this useful critism ^^ i recently did a little correction on my character but i noticed that you removed the thing on her eyes, it seem that work too well that everyone though it's actually a boy XD and for about the tile, i'm still working on and i see that i forgot to mentionning it : the tile is using the 64x64 system excepted the waterfall because in the original artwork show that size ^^;

there the new version of my character.

and the little mockup with my tile and a little monster that i ripped from one popular game.

and the artwork version of my game that my good buddy unidcolor did for me.
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3489/enviromentconceptfn9.jpg

i hope it will be good ^^
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 09:10:14 pm by allaze-eroler »

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile

Re: allaze-eroler's WIP -some correction and an avatar-

Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 12:24:38 pm
hello folk, there a new version of my mockup and i hope it's much better.

well, there the avatar that i'm trying to work on since few weeks, i wanted to make something that everyone will accept to buy up something because she have a way to convince everyone.

old version :

new version :

could you give me a CC please, i would highly appreciate it ^^

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 06:59:49 pm
Oh my god, titties in my face!  :o

Uhh, I like the first version better.

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 09:48:38 pm
Oh my god, titties in my face!  :o

Uhh, I like the first version better.

lol XD

that is because it was fully done but not in what i planned to get as avatar.

well, i'm still working on the background and i was wondering what do you think about my tree ? (with leaves for moment.) it make me a real pain about colors limitations  !yus! so, there the pic :

now, i'm going to make the other trees.... BLARG ! :'(

ha yes, i forgot to show it :

i hope you will like this little plushie i made for my game :3

C&C please.

Offline deziresoft

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 09:50:37 pm
The tree stump thing, looks great, but it looks like it was painted, maybe.. smoothen it some, and give some more wood texture?