AuthorTopic: Sci-Fi Tileset WIP. Noob ¬_¬  (Read 2836 times)

Offline Atomizer

• View Profile

Sci-Fi Tileset WIP. Noob ¬_¬

on: December 04, 2008, 11:34:28 pm
Hi, im new here and new to pixel art. I'm attempting to create a tileset for a sci-fi futuristic rpg im going to make. I really need advice on what i've done already... Now i will admit, i've used gradients. but i edited it after... sooo.. yeh. Erm, I tried to make it looks metallic. any advice critisism would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Re: Sci-Fi Tileset WIP. Noob ¬_¬

Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 11:43:35 pm
welcome to pixelation, Atomizer, but please read the rules and spend some time to become acquainted with pixelation before posting.  This isn't what would be considered pixel art to this forum.  For more information, read the FAQ

if you'd like to continue with this thread with proper pixel art, please do so.  Otherwise i'll be locking.  Let me know.

also note that .JPG compresses images.  For zero-compression, consider using .PNG in the future.

Offline Atomizer

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 11:55:23 pm
I will be honest, i did think that this wouldn't be allowed here. i thought i'd give it a shot anyway as alot of it has been hand pixeled. But yeh, you may aswell lock it. i'll see if i can do something else that can be classed as pixel art sometime soon and start a new thread then. Its just i really do want to get into pixel art as its always been something thats interested me, im just not good at art....

ps. i actually used BMP. i dunno if uploading it photobucket did anything to it?

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 11:59:01 pm
no worries.  I look forward to what you'll pump out in the future and we'll be glad to help.  Photobucket automatically converts BMP's to JPG's, so it's best to stick with PNG or GIF from now on.

-Dan