AuthorTopic: Animated low-something snake  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Animated low-something snake

on: December 04, 2008, 02:05:07 am
Before i talk about this snake, I wanna say its based loosely off of a series of ideas I've had recently. I've started listening to the 8bitpeoples music, and have gotten the virus. As a result, I've been wanting to make a megaman esque type game, with funky, low-res graphics and some 8bitpeoples music. I'd go into detail, but ill just post that later along with some concept art. :D

So! onto the snake. I was messing around with the v20 Arne palette, and trying to get it to work. It's great, but the browns are a bitch to shade. That will be next. First, here's a snake thing. It's only a two frame, because i sort of like that style. I might make it low-res, to match the cheap animation, or ill make a separate set with better frames. Also, I'm pretty rusty atm. i like the idea, and i came out well, but it's pretty unbalanced. I'll probably make the tail thinker on the bottom, but before i mess with it more, what do you guys think? It's spotty- more of a doodle than anything else. Its funky tho.  ::)

Most recent:

Progress:
--> -->

Cheers!
Shrike
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 05:40:34 pm by Shrike »

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Re: Animated low-something snake

Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 05:21:48 pm
I decided that the detail level wasn't matching the framerate, and it looked awkward. So here's a rough with 4 frames:

I'm happier with it now. C&C? I'm having a serous problem with his right hand (Our right) though. It looks weird. Any ideas how to fix?