AuthorTopic: Some problems on my pixel.  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Baadoe

• View Profile

Some problems on my pixel.

on: November 08, 2008, 08:03:01 pm
Well,

I got some problems with the grass, ive tried so many things but i dislike all of them.
Could someone make bit of an idea how i could do it?
and the sand is not the easiest part.

Offline PASSOUT

• The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation
    • View Profile

Re: Some problems on my pixel.

Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 12:24:58 am
To fix it up I'd remove some of the in-between shades.Id also rasie to contrast and hue shift.
"Well, if you're still reading this, then stop. Go practice! Do a drawing. Just make shit, you know, something that is exclusively a product of you. "

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 01:11:54 am
I don't know the hills are too yellow hued and your guys skin is too red, other than the anatomical problems on him and porportions (His head is too big). The grass, the trees, and  you guy have no indication of any clear lighting from the sun or otherwise, everything looks pillow-shaded.

Digging the water though, but like everything else, throw some dark colors around.

Alright, took a closer look outside of FAILFOX 3 (thanks default bi linear blurring.)
Why are you using so many colors that are all the same pretty much? you use so many colors that look the same. Everything is getting an ugly pillow shaded/blurred out/washed down look to them. Use less colors. Make them each count.

Your also dithering in such small places, not needed. In-fact it's contributing to the problems.

Please excuse my horrible edit, maybe I was drunk at the time, but perhaps it may help you.

I played with the head and arms, plus some colors on the guy and I fixed a few issues on a few things here and there
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 09:31:34 am by Draco9898 »

Offline Baadoe

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 11:31:03 am
Well 'thanks" for the help  :-[
But i was already begun on the mountains and some other stuff without looking to the forum.
So i have already finished it, and things i may have done wrong ill be learning about on the next pixel.

here my end result:

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 01:03:00 pm
Well it's funny you'd even post in the first place if you'd want a critique, eh?

It still has problems and you won't improve much if you never go back and fix things up
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 01:04:43 pm by Draco9898 »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 01:31:41 pm
If you don't want critique, then don't post in the Pixel Art section.