AuthorTopic: bonsai is fun!  (Read 2659 times)

Offline chimico

• View Profile

bonsai is fun!

on: October 31, 2008, 11:16:03 am
latest, small improvements...

wip old sage/guru (inspired by emmett brown and disney's merlin, though he turned out like santa =_=') and cute main character, both for an indian setting. i have a lot of trouble picking colors for the boy. they should fit his medieval india culture, a bit of richness, but mainly should be cute and original. what do you think of the colors on the right?

old > new
these are for a sort of tamagotchi project. i guess you're looking at that, having no idea of what it is: a bonsai.
i left the grey and sad palette for a merry bright mood, revealing the power of sun with hurting colors. maybe i exaggerated ^^' how could i make its shape less confused? i can draw it from scratch again, if necessary.

new > old
the pieces of furniture that, one day or another, i'll draw all over again and post here. you see i abandoned black outlines recently, for those milk, strawberry and coffeemilk boxes.

Offline TomF

• View Profile

Re: bonsai is fun!

Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 10:50:42 pm
The toilet is a real tragedy because the seat perspective is all messed up, please do fix that as it really stands out.

The rest seems pretty good though, I'm finding the milk cartons or whatever they are particularly nice.

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Re: bonsai is fun!

Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 01:21:42 am
^^ absolutly seconded

you have lovely stuff there. nice job! fix a couple of things and its spotless!

Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!