AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1014862 times)

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #2560 on: August 01, 2012, 09:19:12 pm
@Ai:
Can't reproduce this. Once Pixelation has moved, I'll be upgrading the forums to a newer version. We shall see if it's fixed then :D
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #2561 on: August 01, 2012, 09:39:32 pm
I had a weird problem where it was redirecting to huevia or something like that. Clearing my cache was the only fix.

Offline API-Beast

• beast_pixels
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35725.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2562 on: August 01, 2012, 10:29:03 pm
By a ghost who has a strange fetish with orchids and onions. :huh:

What!? I don't want to be raped. :'(

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #2563 on: August 01, 2012, 10:58:01 pm
I had a weird problem where it was redirecting to huevia or something like that. Clearing my cache was the only fix.

Huevia is the current host.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Âme

• View Profile

Reply #2564 on: August 01, 2012, 11:08:51 pm
Hey, it works now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

By a ghost who has a strange fetish with orchids and onions. :huh:

What!? I don't want to be raped. :'(

I bet the only reason it's working again is because you said that. ;) The ghost was all like "Oh, shiz they think I'ma rapist... :wah: I no wanna go ta jail!!"
shut up... its a wannabe gangsta ghost...

P.S. do you think it would look like a pacman ghost? :D

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Reply #2565 on: August 02, 2012, 01:08:21 am
I confirm that clearing my cache fixed it for me. Good call Alex and Dusty.
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline Ashbad

• I am governor Jerry Brown
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud

Reply #2566 on: August 02, 2012, 02:59:28 pm
Probably too off the topic of pixel art specifically to be posted as it's own topic, so here goes, in this thread.

Basically, I have a plan set out, to practice my drawing skills intensively for the next 4 weeks before school starts up again.  I'm getting my copy of "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" in the mail tomorrow, and I'm going to start working with it on Monday.  My plan is to finish reading every last word, doing every last exercise, etc. within two weeks.  After that, I'm going to get myself to draw (at least) 5 hours a day for the remaining two weeks (since I'll have open time; internship ends).

Here's my question: what are some things I try doing to improve over these two weeks?  I might have a good idea once I get to them, but it generally works that if I don't plan something beforehand I make a sloppy plan as I go along and everything turns out crap and I act all lazy :P Some advice I've heard a lot is to do a lot of life drawing; other advice is to study anatomy of the human body, the face, animals, etc.  Are these recommended ideas, and if they are, what would you recommend I do specfically?

Or should I come back and ask after I've finished said book?

Or should I even ask at all?  Should I just figure it out along the way?

Perhaps I sound ridiculous to the good artists here when I ask these questions, so bear with me :)  I'm simply just over-motivated to improve at the fastest pace I can push myself at with my given schedule.

Oh, and on a side note,  the one thing I've specifically planned in is MLP anatomy study (because I plan on still making tons of fan-art in the future).  Basically I'm going to spend a day (or two or three) watching through season 1 again to an extent, pause the episodes every minute, draw the undersketches/actual form of the ponies in the still frame, and keep a "pony notebook" of all of these so that I can reference them in the future for  how poses would work, but also to try and practice correct anatomy with "live" references (it's as close as I can get to "life drawing" with said ponies :P )

Cheers to tangible improvement by September (or so I'll hope)!

Offline Carnivac

• Mayhem Attack Squad
    • View Profile
    • Doctor Who - Retro Sprite Gallery

Reply #2567 on: August 02, 2012, 04:48:58 pm
Would it be wrong if I posted a link to my Justgiving charity page for my sponsored skydive?   I've only got a couple weeks left til the date I'm supposed to do it but I'm not even quite half way to the money goal needed to actually get to take part so I'm pestering folks I know.  It's all for a good cause.  A local hospice that looks after very sick people and in the name of a local lady who died from cancer and spent her last days there.  Her widower husband spends him time arranging fundraising schemes to donate money to that hospice and this is one of his things I'm part of.   I don't just want to post the link without asking in case it breaks some sorta rule about money or something. 
NES, Amiga & Amstrad CPC inspired
I know nothing about pixel art
http://carnivac.tumblr.com/

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #2568 on: August 02, 2012, 06:04:13 pm
Sure, go ahead. If it's for a good cause I see no problem :)
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Carnivac

• Mayhem Attack Squad
    • View Profile
    • Doctor Who - Retro Sprite Gallery

Reply #2569 on: August 02, 2012, 06:33:24 pm
Thank you, sir.

My Justgiving Charity Skydive Page
Ignore the photos that don't even really look like me. Had to put something up.  
Any donation size would be muchly appreciated.  It all counts.   The skydive is booked for my group on the 18th August and if i don't reach my target amount I don't get to go, so please if you could spare anything.

Gah, I hate begging.  Never even did that when I was homeless.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 06:35:02 pm by Carnivac »
NES, Amiga & Amstrad CPC inspired
I know nothing about pixel art
http://carnivac.tumblr.com/