AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1014735 times)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #2540 on: July 29, 2012, 02:13:14 am
you know... highlight them. It's all the rage lately. That's what facebook forces you to do now.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2541 on: July 29, 2012, 10:51:51 am
Alex. Watched some of your vidoes.

. . .

. . .

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #2542 on: July 29, 2012, 04:34:25 pm
Kitten in distress! :'(

I won't let you die little one!

Found this in our backyard. She's feral, but she was so starved and dehydrated that she didn't have the energy to run away from humans. She got a bath and some milk yesterday, so she's already looking better, but so far today she hasn't eaten or pooped. Hopefully the vet can get her back to 100% tomorrow.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #2543 on: July 29, 2012, 04:58:41 pm
Alex. Watched some of your vidoes.

. . .

. . .

any suggestions? ideas.. I'm kind of in limbo with what to do next. wish I had a bunch of junk to build stuff out of.

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Reply #2544 on: July 29, 2012, 05:27:59 pm
@blumunkee Dawww, what a cutie.

any suggestions? ideas.. I'm kind of in limbo with what to do next. wish I had a bunch of junk to build stuff out of.

Why not start drawing pixel or digital art while commenting on it while you draw? Use a screen capture software and setup the camera next to your pc to point at yourself.
Like a 'let's draw' or simply a tutorial.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 05:31:01 pm by Seiseki »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #2545 on: July 29, 2012, 05:53:20 pm
seems like a good idea.. idk how i'd do it to make sure the video isn't too long though..
It's also hard for me to get motivated to create art sometimes, so not sure if I'd be able to do it well.
Kinda looking for something that isn't too time intensive. but i'll think about it.. might be a way to do something fun that is similar.

Offline Ashbad

• I am governor Jerry Brown
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud

Reply #2546 on: July 29, 2012, 06:29:24 pm
Blu: Poor kitty  :(

On another note, any other TF2 players here?  I'd definitely love to invite you all to one of the servers I frequent when it's moderately empty to have a very pixelated shooting session.  And by extension I can even invite bronies here to one of the pony servers I'm at.  I personally have been practicing art over playing TF2 lately but I think I'm going to push to actually take gaming breaks again :P

@Alex having a video series about pixeling: I'd so totally watch that.

I'd call it the "Joy of Pixeling - With Alex HW".  Bonus points for throwing in things like "just a happy banding area".  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:10:41 am by Ashbad »

Offline Ashbad

• I am governor Jerry Brown
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud

Reply #2547 on: July 30, 2012, 09:22:44 am
Well, after EqD finally posted it, after flushing the queue with my game in it twice (... :huh:) it's finally up, it's the top one: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/07/game-trailerspreviews-rainbow-dash.html

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #2548 on: July 30, 2012, 01:35:57 pm
Blu: Poor kitty  :(

On another note, any other TF2 players here?  I'd definitely love to invite you all to one of the servers I frequent when it's moderately empty to have a very pixelated shooting session.  And by extension I can even invite bronies here to one of the pony servers I'm at.  I personally have been practicing art over playing TF2 lately but I think I'm going to push to actually take gaming breaks again :P

@Alex having a video series about pixeling: I'd so totally watch that.

I'd call it the "Joy of Pixeling - With Alex HW".  Bonus points for throwing in things like "just a happy banding area".  :lol:
Yeah, but I only find fun in HL Lobbies. PS is just stupid now.

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Reply #2549 on: August 01, 2012, 11:33:08 am
Anyone else finding that the left two links in the bar that looks like
"Pixelation > General > General Discussion > Official Off-Topic Thread" end up going to a strange place?
I click on 'General' and arrive at

http://www.orchidsandonions.orgpixelation/index.php#1

... :crazy:
Yeah, I know it's not even a valid address. .orgpixelation top level domain, lol.
Thing is, I look at the source for those links, and they look perfectly ordinary. No orchids or onions involved, and I don't have any page-rewriting extensions (eg. Greasemonkey, Scriptish, Stylish) active. moreover, grepping through my firefox profile shows that the only reference to orchidsandonions is inside the cache, as a result of this bogus linking. I'd never even heard of such a site until this whole thing started.

So I'm starting to wonder if something is dodgy on Pixelation's end, since I can browse normally everywhere else.
Guess I'll dig into the Javascript.

Is anyone else experiencing this ?  ???
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.