AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1014873 times)

Offline Carnivac

• Mayhem Attack Squad
    • View Profile
    • Doctor Who - Retro Sprite Gallery

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #2440 on: July 08, 2012, 03:43:41 pm
Well it was nice while it lasted. Girl I was seeing was dating someone else too and even though we had a fantastic afternoon on friday she chose him.  Easy come easy go.  Least I still got my lottery money.  And I'm off to the primary school my friend works at tomorrow to speak with the headmaster about becoming a teaching assistant.  It'll be volunteer work at first as I'm not qualified but I reckon I'd enjoy it anyways.
NES, Amiga & Amstrad CPC inspired
I know nothing about pixel art
http://carnivac.tumblr.com/

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #2441 on: July 08, 2012, 03:53:46 pm
There'll be other girls, keep active.

Offline Carnivac

• Mayhem Attack Squad
    • View Profile

Reply #2442 on: July 08, 2012, 04:06:16 pm
Well, I'd still like to be friends with her.  I don't often meet someone I can have a proper conversation with and seem to have a similar way of thinking and laugh a lot together so I'd like to keep that in my life even if we don't get to have a repeat of friday's kiss-fest and if nothing else I had two really lovely dates to remember.  Can always use more happy memories in my mind.  I just could have done without my confidence level being raised and knocked the weekend before I do my play.  Ah well, I'm a different person in the play anyways so it hopefully shouldn't matter too much.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 08:48:19 pm by Carnivac »

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #2443 on: July 08, 2012, 04:42:40 pm
Well, I'd still like to be friends with her.  I don't often meet someone I can have a proper conversation with and seem to have a similar way of thinking and laugh a lot together so I'd like to keep that in my life even if we don't get to have a repeat of friday's kiss-fest and if nothing else I had two really lovely dates to remember.  Can always use more happy memories in my mind.  I just could have done without my confidence level being raised and knocked the weekend before I do my play.  Ah well, I'm a different person in the play anyways so it hopefully shouldn't matter too much.

Also I'm quite happy I finished this retro 8bit RoboCop CPC revamp which is in the off topic creativity thread if anyone wants to see and hasn't.  I get a sense of satisfaction working with retro 'limitations' even if there are so very few people I know who would consider it anything but a blocky mess of crud.
http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=5006.msg133522#new   :)

Aren't you at all irked that she was dating someone else while dating you?  Or did you already know about it? 

I basically just confessed my feelings to the person I love, though still don't know him personally nor have ever spoke to him.  I know it sounds silly and elementary... But I was offered lunch with him.  Now I feel like I want to explode  :-X

Offline Carnivac

• Mayhem Attack Squad
    • View Profile

Reply #2444 on: July 08, 2012, 05:00:26 pm
Aren't you at all irked that she was dating someone else while dating you?  Or did you already know about it? 

Nope.  I thought that was 'allowed' in the early stages.  Not that I'm an expert in dating rules or have ever dated more than one person at once myself (heck, it's rare I even get one person to date at a time).  It was only a week.  Too short to have expected exclusiveness or whatever you call it. 

(ok, most of my limited knowledge of dating comes from the TV show 'Friends')   ::)

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #2445 on: July 08, 2012, 05:33:00 pm
hahaha. I just thought exclusiveness is sort of implied in the equation of dating  :ouch:  but I hope you two can still be friends  :)

Offline Carnivac

• Mayhem Attack Squad
    • View Profile

Reply #2446 on: July 08, 2012, 05:39:31 pm
Yup.  She's still coming to see the play.  She was coming to see it even before we met cos she likes plays and also likes Anglesey Abbey where we're performing.  She can now watch the play with the knowledge that she totally made out with one of it's 'stars'.   :)

Offline Lachie Dazdarian

• View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff

Reply #2447 on: July 08, 2012, 05:51:03 pm
From my experience, I would not recommend speaking about certain intimate matters in a public forum. Some things might get bitter, or maybe more sweet, but you might discover your future significant other (if she becomes one) hates the idea you talked about her in any form in a forum, so these posts, no matter how innocent and vague, might annoy/bother you on the long run.

Offline Carnivac

• Mayhem Attack Squad
    • View Profile

Reply #2448 on: July 08, 2012, 05:55:50 pm
Are you serious?  Even if that were remotely true I haven't said anything derogatory about her, she's a lovely girl and even if I had done the chances of her coming to a pixel art forum are very remote indeed.

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #2449 on: July 08, 2012, 06:46:34 pm
And if someone were to come here and somehow managed to find this exact point in the off topic thread of 50+ pages, how would they know it's about them? 

I'm practicing basic shading cuz I'm an art noob =(  Colors 3D on the 3DS is pretty awesome though, especially since on the actual 3ds screen it really smooths everything out perfectly for you