AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1014660 times)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #2370 on: July 02, 2012, 10:10:13 am
and.. here.. is.. a.. dundundun..waterbottle!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY7-oUa0B_U

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Reply #2371 on: July 02, 2012, 10:23:07 am
That's over a dozen videos here and half a dozen double-posts, in only 4 days or so, I think this is pretty spammy.   :n:

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #2372 on: July 02, 2012, 10:28:14 am
...lol...wow...that was magical.
you have no idea...

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #2373 on: July 02, 2012, 02:25:32 pm
...lol...wow...that was magical.
you have no idea...

making it sound like you were doing so intentionally trying to see how far you could push it until you got that response?

whatever you are doing I think you are whittling away your credibility and starting to grate on people, if this really is a social experiment it is quite baffling what you seek to prove...

just an relatively unbiased observation take it as you will..

Offline Carnivac

• Mayhem Attack Squad
    • View Profile
    • Doctor Who - Retro Sprite Gallery

Reply #2374 on: July 02, 2012, 03:44:25 pm
Since January I have been rehearsing for a play that takes place on the evenings of 12th-14th July.   :) 

It's Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing and this version is set in 1919 just after the First World War and I'm playing the villain Borachio and I get to wear a nice First World War soldier's uniform (though I've exercised a bit much since my measurements were taken and the costume's now a smidge tight) and be a bastard so I'm having fun.  ;D   It's an outdoor show performed at the grounds of the beautiful Anglesey Abbey with the house itself being the backdrop of the second half of the play.  It's by my local drama group called Viva (who I did a play with last year too) and performed as part of the Royal Shakespeare Company's Open Stage event.

I know it's unlikely anyone here is local enough (Cambridgeshire, England) or interested if they are and want to come watch, but if you happen to be then times and ticket price details are here

Sorry that almost comes across like advertising spam but I just thought some people might like to know what I've been up to. So yeah.  Delete this post if it does seem too spammy-ad-crap. 
NES, Amiga & Amstrad CPC inspired
I know nothing about pixel art
http://carnivac.tumblr.com/

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Reply #2375 on: July 02, 2012, 04:51:05 pm
Since January I have been rehearsing for a play that takes place on the evenings of 12th-14th July.   :) 

It's Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing and this version is set in 1919 just after the First World War and I'm playing the villain Borachio and I get to wear a nice First World War soldier's uniform (though I've exercised a bit much since my measurements were taken and the costume's now a smidge tight) and be a bastard so I'm having fun.  ;D   It's an outdoor show performed at the grounds of the beautiful Anglesey Abbey with the house itself being the backdrop of the second half of the play.  It's by my local drama group called Viva (who I did a play with last year too) and performed as part of the Royal Shakespeare Company's Open Stage event.

I know it's unlikely anyone here is local enough (Cambridgeshire, England) or interested if they are and want to come watch, but if you happen to be then times and ticket price details are here

That's wicked cool, post a pic of you in uniform!  I'm in Portsmouth that weekend, but it sounds amazin'.  Do have some indie dev friends in Cambridge tho who may be interested tho. 

(Apologies if I made you uncomfortable by bemoaning more spammy posts, I was concerned specifically with the frequency / clearly trolling nature)

Offline Carnivac

• Mayhem Attack Squad
    • View Profile

Reply #2376 on: July 02, 2012, 05:04:00 pm
That's wicked cool, post a pic of you in uniform! 

Haven't got any yet but likely will do after the play itself is done.  I don't know if I'd post any here though.  I don't tend to like photos of myself.  Some were taken on rehearsal yesterday (sunday) for the programme but not in costume and also I look like an idiot.  Was sunny and I was squinty.  I'm generally very sensitive to heat and light and affects my eyes greatly but I didn't want to wear my sunglasses in the programme and look like one of those actors with an ego.  Still not quite sure how I'm gonna get by without them in the play itself.  Not many folks had sunglasses in 1919 I reckon.  :)

(Apologies if I made you uncomfortable by bemoaning more spammy posts, I was concerned specifically with the frequency / clearly trolling nature)

I didn't know what you meant by that til I read previous posts.  I hadn't seen those.  I simply just posted in this topic without reading what had come before since it's off-topic.  So, thanks for consideration but no you didn't make me uncomfortable.  I just thought it might have been spammy like I'm trying to sell something ;D

Offline Tourist

• View Profile

Reply #2377 on: July 02, 2012, 05:45:33 pm
Not many folks had sunglasses in 1919 I reckon.  :)

You're kidding, right?  I mean, they weren't really popular until the early movie stars started wearing them (and even more popular after WW2), but tinted lenses have been around for a few hundred years.  Just get some vintage frames and don't go too dark on the lenses.  You probably don't want to cover your eyes for the acting bits, but it they could serve as a decent prop and give you an excuse to wear them around when not on stage.

http://www.eyeglasseswarehouse.com/pages/WWI.html
http://www.eyeglasseswarehouse.com/pages/19c-turnpin.html

Tourist

Offline Carnivac

• Mayhem Attack Squad
    • View Profile

Reply #2378 on: July 02, 2012, 06:00:40 pm
You're kidding, right?  I mean, they weren't really popular until the early movie stars started wearing them (and even more popular after WW2), but tinted lenses have been around for a few hundred years.  Just get some vintage frames and don't go too dark on the lenses.  You probably don't want to cover your eyes for the acting bits, but it they could serve as a decent prop and give you an excuse to wear them around when not on stage.

http://www.eyeglasseswarehouse.com/pages/WWI.html
http://www.eyeglasseswarehouse.com/pages/19c-turnpin.html

Tourist

When we were doing costume and props research the costume lady said it was unlikely an officer of my rank would have them as they were apparently considered a luxury item and certainly not a good idea to add anything new to the props list at this stage anyway.  I think the budget is pretty much used up.  I'd prefer not to have them anyway as they may be awkward during certain scenes, like you say for 'eye acting' (which I've been told I'm very good at and having striking blue eyes so they say) and I need both hands free for certain scenes so best I don't have them to take on and off during bits. I'll have my regular sunglasses on 'backstage' and just be sure I remove them everytime I enter my scenes.    Thanks for the links though.

Offline Tourist

• View Profile

Reply #2379 on: July 02, 2012, 06:28:36 pm
No worries.  Good luck with the play! 

Tourist