AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004780 times)

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #2260 on: January 12, 2012, 03:47:58 am
Just played through Trip World (gameboy) on my 3DS, I'm sure it's been brought up here before because it has some of the best pixelart from before the gameboy colour and also some of the best gameboy music.
Here's a video, the video doesn't correctly show some of the tricks like flickering sprites/etc but it's still a pretty good video. Best $5 I've spent in a while, it's not the longest game but it has some decent challenge, a lot of charm, and curiously most of the other critters in the game don't try to hurt you, though some do if you attack them first.

I never heard of this game before so I thought I might as well mention it here, it could make for a good PA analysis thread or something someday.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #2261 on: January 12, 2012, 03:57:47 pm
Trip World indeed is great as far as art and music go, the game mechanics are a tad weird.
Also as far as GB emulators KiGB is by far the best I have seen and to my knowledge the only one which has an option for image ghosting which makes the flicker effects used in this, Castlevania 2 and stuff like Chikyuu Kaihou Gun ZAS and other games look proper and not seizure inducing.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #2262 on: January 19, 2012, 10:43:38 am
Wow.. check this out guys  :o

<found this on Gaf>
Inkling by wacom

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXbBA1DRE84

$200 September.

Then again, we have scanners  :lol:

I got a similar tool by Staedler for X-mas, although it was clearly aimed at taking notes more than drawing. The sensitivity seems binary (on/off) and you need more pressure for the moves to be recorded than for the pen to actually draw on paper. Result is depicted above: coverage area when hashing isn't coherent with the real drawing, and some lines are slightly misplaced (due to inclination of the pen, maybe ?)
The software to manage the pen is windows-only, and a bit obsolete. It only export in JPEG ... wt?

Offline Charlieton

• awkward dancer
    • View Profile

Reply #2263 on: January 19, 2012, 04:11:26 pm
So, what happened to adding a skin to the forum? I got the impression that we were close to having at least a temporary skin. And that was several weeks ago.
Det skulle vara lätt för mig att säga att jag inte gillar dig, men det gör jag; tror jag

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #2264 on: January 20, 2012, 02:25:48 am
I haven't talked to Atnas recently, but I would say just chill for a while. Chances are he's relatively busy, and a skin for the forum isn't a really huge issue. Last I checked he was waiting on Mia for some stuff.

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #2265 on: January 23, 2012, 02:10:41 pm

Offline leroy

• Go with the flow
    • View Profile

Reply #2266 on: January 23, 2012, 05:14:58 pm
Whoa

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #2267 on: February 06, 2012, 04:11:08 pm
Was processing a bunch of png animation frames, using ProMotion, of rough 3D modeled body parts to prepare them for resizing to actual sprite size and do cleanups... After like the 5th sheet of things, this was the entirely random palette result after it imported the indexes and removed the colorful default palette entries where needed.

Like a boss.

Offline HughSpectrum

• View Profile

Reply #2268 on: February 06, 2012, 04:19:39 pm
I didn't understand what you were saying...  Until I realized that it looked kinda like an Atari 2600 game and then I saw it.

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #2269 on: February 06, 2012, 07:04:12 pm
Haha, sorry, I guess as soon as I saw it I couldn't unsee the big glitchy-looking-font pattern so I hadn't even considered that it probably isn't as obvious as I think.