AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1015257 times)

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #520 on: March 07, 2009, 11:54:36 pm
I saw Watchmen Friday night. It was awesome. I wore this shirt and attracted lots of angry glares. :lol:

I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #521 on: March 08, 2009, 01:08:16 pm
What does that t-shirt signify? Also have you read Watchmen the comic?

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #522 on: March 08, 2009, 01:20:25 pm
I read the comic but only after I saw the trailer for the movie.

I'm not sure if it's still considered a "spoiler" or not. The shirt is supposed to be ironic; everyone has been making such a fuss about that one thing they changed about the book and I thought it'd be hilarious if some moron is actually ridiculously obessively overjoyed about it being taken out, so much so that had to buy a shirt to share the good news with the rest of the world.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 01:23:03 pm by Ben2theEdge »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #523 on: March 08, 2009, 01:45:51 pm
I see. Thanks for the info. It's really amazing for me that you liked the movie.

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #524 on: March 08, 2009, 05:33:17 pm
Me specifically? Or me as someone who has read the comic?

When I read the book I found Rorsache to be incredibly compelling. He's just a really well-realized, character. I also liked Nite Owl 2 and Manhattan. The film version has flaws and if you want you can really tear it apart but I felt like those three characters were very well realized, especially Rorsache. If they tried to make the film again I don't think they could capture that lightning in a bottle a second time. That's what made it enjoyable to me, I was able to overlook some bad makeup and a few lackluster performances (Silk Spectre 2). The only character that completely missed the mark was Ozymandias, they basically made him into a more gay David Bowie. But he's really the only one that was a complete misfire.

I've heard a lot of people upset about how Snyder pumped up the action sequences and used slow motion and stuff but the huge massive action setpiece which is the Prison Escape, is only one minute long, in a movie that runs almost three hours, so it's not like he turned it into a popcorn flick.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 05:35:36 pm by Ben2theEdge »

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #525 on: March 08, 2009, 05:42:50 pm
Played D&D for the first time yesterday. The DM is really creative so the quests are great, he puts a lot of effort into them. We're all role playing consistently too. I'm a Paladin, and there are I think three out of the six adventurers who are chaotic, so it makes things interesting.  :P

We started off making characters for version 4 but after two hours of that we kind of got a little overwhelmed and went back to 3.5.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #526 on: March 09, 2009, 02:39:56 am
I'm looking forward to Watchmen, and having never read a respectable comic in my life I doubt I'll be disappointed, so far the consensus seems to be that the graphic novel is superior.. which is how it usually goes for any to-film adaptation.

Also, The Warehouse (NZ equivalent of Walmart) has been having a big sale on DVDs, I found Dazed & Confused for under $10 :)
I also picked up a bunch of other movies, Back to the Future trilogy, Rebel Without a Cause, Corvette Summer, and more :D
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #527 on: March 09, 2009, 09:22:09 am
Watchmen was awsome, only one section was left out that wasn't important to the actual story (tales of the dead).

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #528 on: March 09, 2009, 08:23:16 pm
I loved Watchmen aswell. Saw it yesterday. Need to see it again soon though.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #529 on: March 10, 2009, 12:39:39 pm
The soundtrack misses a times... Sound of Silence for a funeral... come on... And where is that kid who is reading the comic at the newsstand?  Still, the hype-to-delivery ratio is much more appealing than that of The Dark Night.  :y:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.