AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1014360 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #2490 on: July 21, 2012, 01:16:23 pm
OMG! I had this nightmare today that you came and burst into our house and killed me! COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT!

I kid. Also you probably are hanging out too much on Pix or something. I mean I am on here more than anyone else and most users combined and I have not dreamt of this place a lot.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #2491 on: July 21, 2012, 02:15:07 pm
Maybe he just really loves pixelation or dreamt about it for special reason. Though I'd watch out ptoing and helm  :-X

Munkee, actually I told him I had feelings for him beforehand, which led him to ask me to lunch.  It ended up being a walk. Mid walk he asked me how long I've known since I was gay, and then how surprised I was when he said "I've always known.". Didn't see that coming in a million years.  I only talked with him for like 2 hours, and well I was mostly a clam, but his personality inspired me so much I came out to my parents and now I'm starting to try to give everything I observe and encounter meaning, and I already feel so much more connected to life again

No more rants, promise.  :)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #2492 on: July 21, 2012, 08:31:53 pm
Real robot monkeys are taking over the world, here is absolute proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H398FAq730g

Offline Ashbad

• I am governor Jerry Brown
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud

Reply #2493 on: July 21, 2012, 11:33:53 pm
Well, I'm happy to say I got my second feature on EquestriaDaily coming up soon! :)  Last time was for that Scootaloo pixel I made.  This time it's for a game I made a month back that's now in a "final beta" form, for graphing calculators; Essentially, just Robot Unicorn Attack except... ponies!  I need to spend a few hours polishing the code now that the platform I released it for (Casio Prizm) has been hacked further by me and my fellow Calculator enthusiasts -- Right now 50% of it's written in C and 50% is written in SuperH Assembly Language :P  partially because I had to crank out as much optimization as possible since it wasn't until recently that I figured out how to software-overclock the PLL circuit on the device to allow faster memory access (essentially, overclocking).  Right now the graphics are placeholders but now that I've improved with pixeling and art in general quite a bit I'm going to spend a few hours going back and making my own sprites/backgrounds/title screen, etc.

Funny thing is, the little tech site I posted the progress on before is yelling at me for giving them a link to my thread there to Sethisto at EqD because now the site is going to get view-raped with 5000 people looking at it in one day  :-[

EDIT: I'll post the link when the feature is posted tomorrow, I guess.

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #2494 on: July 22, 2012, 12:53:55 pm
oh damn PP migraines are bad enough (i know) those sound more intense and far more constant, hope you feel much better soon, good to hear there is effective treatment.

haha @dreams, I've been dreaming in and about pixels alot lately, guess I'm not alone there?

btw what is up with the pix server there seems to be alot of timing out that I never got before :blind:

@friend so you're parent's are supportive/accepting? good for you for coming out glad to hear it's a turn for the better

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #2495 on: July 22, 2012, 03:58:46 pm
 :huh: ok  ;D

Offline Ashbad

• View Profile
    • SoundCloud

Reply #2496 on: July 22, 2012, 04:19:16 pm
AHW, en anglais?   ??? :lol:

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #2497 on: July 22, 2012, 05:36:30 pm
What is it about my little pony?

Offline Ashbad

• View Profile
    • SoundCloud

Reply #2498 on: July 22, 2012, 05:40:04 pm
What is it about my little pony?

Oh, me?  Yeah, it is :) Bit of an overly-obsessive fan when it comes to that hence all the pony fanart and games and stuff I make.

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #2499 on: July 22, 2012, 05:53:44 pm
I get that. And I say live for your passions no matter what (unless they are detrimental to others)

But what is it about mlp that makes you a fan?  :P