AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1013675 times)

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #2420 on: July 06, 2012, 08:10:50 pm
Wanda is the romanization of the original Japanese, the same way Sumisu is the romanization of Smith. Properly translated, you say Wander and Smith, not Wanda and Sumisu.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a basement to dwell in.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #2421 on: July 06, 2012, 09:45:18 pm
Wanda could be pronounced Wanda or Wander. I have not seen any official statement from SONY regarding this.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #2422 on: July 06, 2012, 09:56:22 pm
Japanese have carte blanche on mispronouncing foreign words. Us English speakers must be held to higher standards.

Also, it definitely is Wander.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEUsTCdjYXc#t=7m33s

Is that official enough for you?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 09:58:17 pm by blumunkee »

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #2423 on: July 06, 2012, 10:25:46 pm
Yes. I played the game but I did not remember that. Good point.

About English speakers and pronunciation. Americans are hilarious at butchering foreign words and names :P

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #2424 on: July 07, 2012, 12:47:05 pm
breakthrough found the right settings to make my digital input sound far more decent  :D thanks helm for pushing me in the right direction with your advice about pre amping  ;D
my FX pedal doesn't read as dB though just 0-100 volume scale on the preamp, but jacking up the preamp and the tone is a whole lot better than before :yay:

not quite perfect but even that'll likely get better with a higher quality guitar, and possibly better gear, also I found that if I had the analogueOUT and digitalOUT active simultaneously it downgrades both streams to 22k as opposed to one 44k, so theres more quality there, so studio quality audio isn't achievable on my rig anyway but still

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #2425 on: July 07, 2012, 03:44:30 pm
You've got to be kidding me. Just now finding out that Shadow of the Collosus's main character is named Wander.

see project entropy thread to find out why this sucks x[
How is that coming along btw? Did the demo ever get finished?

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #2426 on: July 07, 2012, 06:05:28 pm
You've got to be kidding me. Just now finding out that Shadow of the Collosus's main character is named Wander.

see project entropy thread to find out why this sucks x[
How is that coming along btw? Did the demo ever get finished?

There is a very small demo (simply showing movement and the inventory system) I have a shitty recording of it on my YouTube but due to said recording it lessens the beautiful work the programmer did; footsteps in the sand coincide perfectly with the characters feet and the inventory is pretty yummy.
I'll be working on it more once I get my new computer! Currently looking at a MacBook pro 15 inch at a GREAT price but apparently has a small blemish on the screen. Decisions decisions...

Thanks for asking! I'll be sure to post some of the concept stuff/ illustrations to feed anybody that is interested in the project :]

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #2427 on: July 08, 2012, 01:27:17 am
did you guys know that the Schrodinger's Cat paradox is flawed?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN5hv8kc4A4&feature=g-all-u

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #2428 on: July 08, 2012, 02:19:20 am
Alex, I am going to be a bit blunt here. It is very clear that you do not understand what the Schoedinger's Cat thought experiment (or paradox) is about at all. It's about quantum wave functions and the fact that things like electrons can exist in more than one configuration at a time. I am not pretending to undertand Quantum Mechanics very well, but I am not gonna go and take some thought experiment apart which someone made who was very intelligent and knew alot about his field. A field btw which is progressing quite fast atm and which makes it possible to make very exact predictions about certain phenomena. And then there is stuff like superconductors and quantum locking. All this stuff I would posit NOT A SINGLE person on this forum really understands. To quote Richard Feynman: "If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics."

Stop making videos where you take apart stuff which you have not even looked into on a cursory level yet alone understand. This does not go for quantum mechanics only. Also the other strange things you post about earth sweat and other ridiculous things like that. Go read some good books about physics, astronomy, cosmology, biology, philosophy and so on. Don't just ramble about stuff you do not have the slightest clue about. It makes you look incredibly dumb and/or ignorant.

To be honest at this point I can not tell whether you are mentally ill in some form, dumb, or trolling for some kind of reaction, or a mix of some or all of these. It seems to me that you have little real human interaction in your life atm and I would suggest to get some. What you are doing is not healthy.

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #2429 on: July 08, 2012, 02:54:47 am
Don't try to deny your ability to make sense of me because I appear as if I'm coming from a place you don't understand. If that's the case, then it is you who is misunderstanding things.
It is not everyone else's fault when they don't understand you. It is yours for not conveying it in a way that can be understood.
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES