AuthorTopic: Deciding to sprite something Mario related for once  (Read 3617 times)

Offline $ymbol

• View Profile

Deciding to sprite something Mario related for once

on: October 12, 2008, 03:29:29 am
You go in one

ɹǝɥʇouɐ ʇno ǝɯoɔ puɐ

Persoanally I think the blue one looks just like a bunch of hues together, but idk.

Edits appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 06:54:56 pm by $ymbol »

Offline AnarchoElk

• View Profile

Re: Deciding to sprite something Mario related for once

Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 10:43:41 pm
The two points of gras coming up and mirroring eachother look off a bit, and the hit block is a little too dark I think, the "eyes" aren't quite visible enough.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 10:52:14 pm by AnarchoElk »

"vaccinations enable human beings to live at the socially and ecologically destructive densities that make infectious disease a problem."

Offline tehwexxl0rz

• Swing the bat.
    • ianwexl0rz
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/15996.htm
    • View Profile
    • Ian Wexler | Game Developer

Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 12:12:22 am
The two points of gras coming up and mirroring eachother look off a bit, and the hit block is a little too dark I think, the "eyes" aren't quite visible enough.
That's actually a case of tiling not mirroring. ;) I actually think the tiling is quite good in general. Just on the incline is it TOO obvious I think. I agree about the eyes on the block.

I think the problem with your underground pipe is that the shadows are too dark. Since the environment is supposed to be dark, I would think realistically that every part of the pipe should be at least marginally brighter than the background so one's eyes could distinguish it from the nothingness.

Another minor note, I think the area in shadow on the above-ground pipe is too much.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 12:20:35 am by tehwexxl0rz »

Offline Dex

• ---
    • adamfergusonart
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11794.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 01:53:27 am
I'll have to say that the blocks other than the brick look really under-detailed. They also seem a tad small compared to the pipe.

Personally, I think the grass and the rocks look nice, but I think the bush could be a bit bigger and have better texture. The grass sticking out from the side is a bit distressing as well. And I assume you are going to detail the sky? Looks pretty good so far.

Good luck!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 02:24:11 am by Dex »