AuthorTopic: Collossus sprite, WIP, help me pweety pweese  (Read 10892 times)

Offline hotnikkelz

• View Profile

Re: Collossus sprite, WIP, help me pweety pweese

Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 04:36:53 pm
no problem, thanks, i'll be all up on that this weekend  :crazy:

Offline lollige

• MrLollige
    • View Profile
    • MrLollige blog

Reply #21 on: October 19, 2008, 08:58:49 am
Indeed, never steel edits, just steel their ideas.

This is to show you that it should not be too hard to stay under 24 colors: It could even easily be done with 16:

Offline hotnikkelz

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 08:11:00 pm

Backtracked, and re-edited my old one. Also did some subtle changes on the belt, face, lines on his body, his left boot and so on.  You guys were right, it's always better to edit your own stuff, that way you can get a feel of it cuz there were some aspects of it that i didn't notice before and i've changed them now, thanks alot to all of you so far guys.

How does it look now? The face is way different from what i had in my mind at the start, i'm still not content with it. Also, any thoughts on a simple decent background? I'm tired of seeing this purple.  It's so boring  :-[

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 09:25:36 pm
There's too little space in terms of pixels in the face to actually have room for that kind of eyes.

That is, if you don't want potato-man eyes or anime-eyes. (actually, there IS room, but:)

I really liked the eyes as they were before, when they were overshadowed by his brow area and just a glimmer escaped. It made him feel manly but still made him a bit cute (which, ironically, colossus should be)

Also, tremendous improvement, I think you should call it done soon and move on to other things! You're pretty good at this pixelling thing you know! ((:
' _ '

Offline hotnikkelz

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 04:54:21 pm
i think you're right jad, i'll adjust that soon.  I'd like to finish, but my creativity is in a slump, i just can't think of a good background for it haha. The purple is just too boring

ok final edit, i'm gonna call it finished, tired of looking at it.  Screw the background, and extra cleanup lol.

Thanks everyone for the help! it was good practice, i'm starting a new project now.

feel free to critique regardless so i'll know what not to do next time.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 03:39:37 am by hotnikkelz »