AuthorTopic: Collossus sprite, WIP, help me pweety pweese  (Read 10889 times)

Offline Emtch

• View Profile

Re: Collossus sprite, WIP, help me pweety pweese

Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 11:06:36 am
This is absolutely the right direction, much better than the earlier. I think you could reduce the number of colors in the middle of the orange palette. The metal looks really much better now.

Offline hotnikkelz

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 01:20:04 pm
thanks man

How many colours do you think i should go with for both the yellows and orange?
Should i like have a highlight mid and shadow for the yellow, and make the shadow ramp to the red? Helm was saying due to the amount of red, i probably should have more than 3 for the red.  That's how i interpreted, what you think?

edit: new progress, coloured everything, did the belt etc, did a few adjustments to face. Now, i need to find a way to AA where the red meets the metal.  Seems like I'll have to have a new batch of colours for that....but i dunno how to go about choosing them  ???
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 06:20:33 pm by hotnikkelz »

Offline Emtch

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 05:27:31 am
I would go with 4 for yellow, and 4 or 5 for the red, which is what you have now. And for the AA, I think you should choose something in between. One very easy way is to just memorize the numbers of the colors, and choose what's in the middle of them,

Offline hotnikkelz

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 07:52:20 pm

Minor edit, fixed the glass in the boots and belt, did minor things to the face etc.
Still can't AA where red meets metal  :'( When i try to get something in between, red and bluish grey, it seeems to be green? I'm wondering if i should just leave it as it is cuz i'm clueless on how to clean up those edges there.

Also any ideas on a simple but decent background? It's about that time i suppose.

Offline $ymbol

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 11:32:00 pm
If you used blue for the metal, you should probably use an unsaturated purple for AA.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 03:38:14 am

I really can't describe most of the changes here, other than not being afraid to mix your palettes together. Also, I felt some of the indentations of his muscles seemed a bit too deep, by the amount of dark colors placed in them, so I lightened them a bit. Other than that, looking great!
my back hurts...

Offline hotnikkelz

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 04:35:10 pm
whoa, that's a really nice edit B.O.B thanks a million, i feel motivated to continue now heh, i'm stealing the edit you made heh heh heh  :P

edit: I edited on your edit.  I thought some stuff liek the belt and so on were to dark, and also the lines on his arms and stuff.  Tweaked a few things there and there including the face etc.  What do you guys think of it now.....Also any ideas on the background? I'm trying to keep under 24 colours btw.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 07:05:54 pm by hotnikkelz »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 08:47:57 pm
Please do not directly 'edit the edit'. Work on your own version with the dissection of the help you get as a reference point.

Offline hotnikkelz

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 08:56:51 pm
ooooh.  So...umm what should i do now with the current?

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 07:07:22 am
ooooh.  So...umm what should i do now with the current?

If you want it to look like B.O.Bs version, then go over your old one and edit it until it looks the same. It's not that you need to do something that's entirely your own, you just need to put the pixels down yourself. If you do that, you'll learn. Good luck!
' _ '