AuthorTopic: Platforman Game Mockup  (Read 10764 times)

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Re: Platforman Game Mockup

Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 07:40:33 am
Brown void is just fine in my opinion! It's just that it's kind of an milky-grey-kind of brown that you're using, which at the same time takes visual priority (since it's quite bright and as well a large field) and creates confusion between the front and back layer since they are both rich in desaturated colours.

The solution I propose is simply making it a bit darker, to up contrast in the front layer and at the same time take away attention from the void area.

Also, i'd like to see some definition in the tree crowns, the clutter that's there right now just reminds me of big blobs of papier maché. Doesn't feel too natural and/or lush D:
' _ '

Offline xerus

• Lavos 08
    • View Profile
    • kyle pulver

Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 07:53:32 am
Okay!  I will do more with trees and the rocky palette next time.  For now I will post this other slightly modified version:

I'm exhausted..... more tomorrow... weeee!

Offline TomF

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 09:54:28 am
It's looking great so far, what are you using to make it?

Trees are a little noisy in the background, I would try for a little less detail on those.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 04:06:04 pm
I don't think he should be able to stand on that brick he's currently standing on. It doesn't look like it's on the same plane as the rocky ground atall (it actually is placed behind). The bricks in the air kind of work because of the strong shadowed sides, which bring them forward - however this area is covered on the brick on the ground, and the top and left sides just merge with the background. Brown bricks would work better, or maybe a different colour alltogether - blue perhaps.