AuthorTopic: [WIP] Fat Cat  (Read 3018 times)

Offline Hana

• View Profile

[WIP] Fat Cat

on: September 12, 2008, 01:28:27 am
uh...hi everybody
I am new here. The idea of being criticised by some of the amazing people that hangs around here makes me enthusiastic  :D
well, I am not english born, so I'm afraid I could make mistakes or use senseless-looking phrases, or maybe use odd words - if I do, please forgive me

I started trying pixel art not so long ago, and this is one of my first real works - I'm still a beginner.

here it is:

actually, I didn't use all the colours in the palette on the left, it's not indicative.
as you can see, it should be a fat cat. something into it reminds me of an hamster - maybe for the selection of colours, or maybe for the shape of its head, or its ears or - I don't know.
oh, and don't look at the ears - they're terrible, I know, but I haven't worked on them enough time.

the complete picture should be definitely higher:

(it is lying down on the back, uh)
just a sketch, but it has only to show the mainlines. I know it has a weird shape, but I repeat it's a sketch, and also I want it to look a bit deformed, to make it look even more overweight.

I'm finding hard making the fur. the hair on the face satisfies me, but when I try to make the belly, it is always crappy and horrible to see  :yell: 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:30:19 am by Hana »

Offline Salvage

• lets pee in the corner, lets pee in the spotlight
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Fat Cat

Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 03:41:29 am
Welcome! Hope you do not get discouraged.
This is a challenging piece, especially because of the fur.
You should try to acieve more contrast, so that your efforts are noticeble.
The fur strokes you have placed are not very visable because they are light, and are placed on top of a light color.
It's hamster face can be changed by making the head slightly rounder, a little more like a sphere.

Offline Fatalis67

• Total newb
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 04:30:48 am
The right ear should be facing towards us too.
In the words of Shakesphere: "Villian! I hast done thy mother!"

Offline Hana

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 12:31:35 pm
The right ear should be facing towards us too.

it is facing towards us, it's just not colored yet, also the left ear isn't finished, the colouring is still a mess.
however, thanks, I was quite afraid because I wasn't getting any reply  :-[

Welcome! Hope you do not get discouraged.
This is a challenging piece, especially because of the fur.
You should try to acieve more contrast, so that your efforts are noticeble.
The fur strokes you have placed are not very visable because they are light, and are placed on top of a light color.
It's hamster face can be changed by making the head slightly rounder, a little more like a sphere.

thanks very much :yay: I'll try to do something - for the fur on the top of the head, my idea was to make it quite invisible. the cat was supposed to be white (I know, while colouring it turned out beige...I think I'll adjust it)