AuthorTopic: Gear Of War pixel art  (Read 6492 times)

Offline ropa-to

• View Profile

Gear Of War pixel art

on: August 28, 2008, 01:04:07 pm
Hey guys, this is my first post. I've discovered the Gameboy De-make (that's correct?) thread on Kotaku.com and was inspired to do this.

I also noticed some people on that thread wanted a Gear of War gameboy de-make so here it is:

Hope you like it  ;D

Offline KAT

• View Profile

Re: Gear Of War pixel art

Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 01:09:43 pm
Dude... you should not save you work as JPG format. Save it as PCX or PNG (without quality lose) and upload again ;)

Offline ropa-to

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 01:12:21 pm
Dude... you should not save you work as JPG format. Save it as PCX or PNG (without quality lose) and upload again ;)

But I uploaded it as .bmp on Photobucket, made it on Paint. The photobucket must have changed it into .jpeg!

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 01:50:56 pm
Photobucket automatically converts .bmp files into jpgs. Bitmaps aren't very web-friendly, size-wise, and jpgs aren't suited for Pixel Art. Gif or png are common formats.

As far as critique is concerned, the car definitely needs some more attention. If it's style choice to have it this stick-figure like it isn't pulled off consequently throughout the mockup and also doesn't fit the subject matter in my opinion. Something either semi-realistic or more bold would fit better.

Offline Destiny

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 05:01:49 pm
TIFF works too, if you were to upload it to imageshack saved as that file, it wouldn't have the color darkening a png does. Its also a smaller file then a bmp, but slightly larger than a png.

Anyways, overall the background is pretty good, but the car lacks a door. The window looks like it extends all the way down to the bottom.
I dont like how the main character looks all that much, he looks too big compared to the backgorund. Maybe you should try something similiar toCastlevania for character anatomy. Overall its not bad.

Offline ropa-to

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 08:26:58 pm
Would be a dream come true for me

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 08:47:33 pm
Yes but what would be attributing to seeing this dream come true would be to address the points of critique you have received  ;D

Offline ropa-to

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 08:56:59 pm
Yes but what would be attributing to seeing this dream come true would be to address the points of critique you have received  ;D

To be fair, I did changed it slightly.

Offline Destiny

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 09:50:59 pm

I dont like how the main character looks all that much, he looks too big compared to the backgorund. Maybe you should try something similiar toCastlevania for character anatomy.

The thing on the ground could be more rounded off
The black lines stand out too much. Im talking about the ones next to the wall.
Does this fit g/b limitations? Just wondering, I cant tell in the new picture.

Offline sporknife

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 02:04:43 am
Why is he firing from the hip? put that gun on his shoulder.