AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 366780 times)

Offline DerZocker

• View Profile
    • my dA

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #400 on: March 31, 2014, 11:12:54 pm
Hi, I'm DerZocker from Germany.
I've been lurking around for several years, created an account few months ago and finally thought why not start posting?^^
Anyway, I'm spriting for quite a few years. (started editing RM2k graphics around 2001) Usually I hang around the HG101, Multimediaxis and Sonic-United boards and my main interests are drawing, spriting, anime and cartoons of the 80's and 90's (especially those done by TMS) as well as collecting old games.
I'm also involved in the creation of Sonic Time Twisted, where I help out with tiles, cutscenes and other varous other graphics.
Here's my dA page http://derzocker.deviantart.com/
besides my pixelstuff there are also drawings, GunPla and other random stuff I made.
Dunno what else to tell, so well... Hiho, guys!^^

Offline MAVW

• hellomavw
    • View Profile
    • pixelmavw

Reply #401 on: April 22, 2014, 03:38:29 am
Hello, I'm MAVW (the internet version of my real name, Matheus)
I am a Game Designer and I've been making pixel art for some time here & there. Now I'm more into improving my sweet skills in the art of the pixel and looking forward to meet new awesome pixel artists here o/

Offline barch

• View Profile

Reply #402 on: April 25, 2014, 06:31:50 am
Hey I'm barch

I've been lurking around for a few years and learning off you guys, I like nature and alternative games.
I've released a game and I'm hoping to learn how to get better

this is a screenshot of some work I've done

Offline Pyrovisionary

• View Profile

Reply #403 on: May 04, 2014, 10:00:58 pm
I am Pyrovisionary, I am from the Great British empire and I am using this forum to gain criticism for some work that I am doing for a videogame project. I love reading the other topics and seeing different artstyles and have gained some inspiration, although I haven't yet got much criticism. So I thank you Manupix for being the one person of 274 to give me any advice:  :y: 

Offline DeariePrince

• View Profile

Reply #404 on: May 18, 2014, 12:02:24 am
Hello! I am DeariePrince, and I have just started trying to do my own pixel art. I joined because I figure that the best way to improve and learn what to do is to hang out with people who do know what they're doing. I hope that I improve, and hope that I don't bother you all with my newbie-ness.

Offline Mizuho

• New Pixel Girl
    • View Profile

Reply #405 on: June 01, 2014, 04:21:13 pm
hi to all.

i've followed links and ended here. somehow this may look that here I could learn what I really want: real pixel art.

I must say that I'm somehow a real noob at this. I'm some kind of manga wannabe artist, and I wanted to dive onto pixeling.

so, here I am.

I will post some works on the specific thread.

thanks and see ya

(as you can see, english is not my primary language, be patiente, please?)

Offline Yuushia

• View Profile

Reply #406 on: June 12, 2014, 12:34:30 pm
Hi everyone !

I always did little things in pixel art, and now I have some game projects, I really need to improve myself. That's the reason I am here :) (like many others I see hehe).

I draw occasionally, japanese/manga style, pen & paper or tablet !

Thank you in advance for help this community could provide me :)

Offline LarkoftheRiver

• Hobbist Animator + Apprentice Falconer
    • ordinaryredtail
    • ordinaryredtail
    • ordinaryredtail
    • sarah.fonvile.9
    • View Profile

Reply #407 on: June 30, 2014, 04:17:51 pm

Um hi I'm LarkoftheRiver. Call me River, Riv, or Lark. I draw and write things, and I own a boring Tumblr blog and a Deviantart account. I also like to rp, and I have my own site for that too. I like fantasy and science fiction things, and I want to be either a biomedical engineer, computer programmer/scientist, movie editor/animator or game designer. I also like food.

My favorite show, hands down, is Star Trek. I've watched a bit of all the series, and Voyager is my favorite. I also watch Doctor Who, Sherlock, Once Upon a Time, and I'm currently catching up on all the Marvel movies. My favorite book currently is Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson (more people should read it) (in fact after you read this go buy the book), but I love almost all books I've read, including the Divergent series, Warriors (the first series only), Harry Potter, LotR, Hunger Games, etc. I used to read a lot of books about animals.

The most important thing to me now is marching band. I play flute, and will be the uniform master next year! I love marching more than playing, and I'm not the best player but oh well. I like to play jazz, and I do a ton of extended tech on my flute such as singing while I play and other weird things.

Um yeah that's me. Basically.

Pixel art isn't my first (or best) art style; I mainly do digital painting and such, but I want to get better at my pixels too! I look forward to being here!

Offline FuriousGamer87

• View Profile

Reply #408 on: July 19, 2014, 08:20:07 am
Hi everyone,

I am FuriousGamer87, and to be frankly honest, I registered here to find a pixel artist to work with me on a my new game project.
Nonetheless, I have been developing pixel art video games without the help of an actual pixel artist for quite some time now.
It's tough going so I decided to see if I can change my game development workflow by partnering with an actual artist.

And to be honest again, I mainly drawn to pixel art due to it's one of the few art-style that can be done acceptably by people who never art before (namely, me).
That aside, feel free to crit on my works, which I may been posting in the future if the partnership didn't materialized and I have to continue on the art by myself. Just be gentle  ;)

In case you are curious, here's a link to my most recent finished work: Super Nuclear Riders - Short SRPG
And here's a link to my previous project that I recently archived, Gangster Tactics devlog:  Devlog and the indiedb page Gangster Tactics Indiedb Page

From the links, you can see how my pixel art is like.
Hope we get along!

Offline cplusplus

• View Profile

Reply #409 on: July 28, 2014, 08:32:26 pm
Hi @all,

I'm no pixel artist, at least not a good one.
My job is software developer, which I do for 10 years now. Currently I mainly create and extend apps for my companys clients in iOS, Android and Windows Phone/Store.
I found this forum while searching for artists, as I'm currently creating a 2D game with unity. It will be not a small project, I hope I can create a good kickstarter-campaign in 1-2 month, so I can create JUST games in the future.
So long!