AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364768 times)

Offline Polioliolio

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #380 on: September 14, 2013, 03:29:34 pm
Hey guys,

I've been lurking for a bit, and decided it's about time I get busy on the game project I'd like to accomplish.
Looks like a great place to get inspiration and learn from a bunch of skilled artists!

Also,  "Welcome!" to all the other newbies.

Offline Eiyeron

• Pixel on a calc.
    • View Profile
    • Rétro-Actif : French blog about games and programming.

Reply #381 on: October 09, 2013, 06:34:23 pm
Hi everyone! I'm Eiyeron, and I'm now a IT student in France.
I started programming 4 years ago, on graphics calculators, and here, more than everywhere, pixel art is necessary to have great results : a calc screen like TI-83/84 is only 96*64 pixels wide. (i'm not counting Casio with their luxuous 128*64, nor the advanced models, like the TI-89, the nSpire with its 16-bit QVGA and the Prizmwith its 16-bit almost-QVGA).

I started years ago my love for retro-gaming. I got a little game collection that I'm proud. I love the NES-SNES-MD eras, specially on the graphics works, and how we can see that graphists used to take time on each pixel we can see... And the music... (for me the music is the most deepeset part of the videogame experience. YOu can forget how a Megadrive Sonic game is, but not the music).

I started pixellating with Paint for some calc projects (<insert obvious sokoban game here >) . It was... ugly.
Time passes, and I try to work more and more on monochrome 8*8 sprites, and I learned some things with the many tutorials here and there on the Interwebs. I learned how each pixel counts, and how just changing a pixel can totally change a work.

I doing more and more pixel (and less and less programming :S). I'm surpeised how my recent works are way better than expected and than what I was doing at the first times.

A friend, Siapran, is here. He made me discover this place. A huge load of inspiration, labor and beautiful works. Let's enjoy pixelling!

Offline Drixxel

• View Profile

Reply #382 on: October 21, 2013, 08:46:45 pm
Hello people of Pixelation,

I've been lurking these parts off and on now for a good long while and felt it was high time to say a few words, things such as "Hi!" and "How goes it?". This has to be the most knowledgeable and passionate community of pixel artists I've run across, and as ours is a medium I've rarely found an opportunity to relate to people on in the workaday world, the prospect of getting involved in, and learning from, the sorts of cool discussions and critiques common to this place is enormously appealing.

Anyhow, it's good to be here!

Offline Thanewdude07

• Yu Yu Hakusho fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt-Thanewdude07 sprite art

Reply #383 on: October 27, 2013, 01:56:44 am
Well Hello!

My name is Jeff I just turned 25 yesterday and I love pixel art! :y:

I very first got into pixel art well cause of the mugen community and I started from there. All That was like 7 years ago and i was doing pixel art on and off but now its a main stay in my life.

I started mostly editing existing sprites into something else. I have gotten a lot more serious towards increasing my skills.

I am a novice when it comes to drawing with pencil but I am focusing on becoming great at all of that! So I can become a pixel beast!

My favorite styles are mostly fighting games mainly capcom's but I have decided to work on getting to other genre.

So put me in the game Coach I'm ready to learn :crazy:

also you can check out my pixel art right here if your curious :-[

http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Offline Lexou Duck

• kind of sort of a geek or something
    • View Profile

Reply #384 on: November 13, 2013, 06:55:50 pm
welp i guess i shouldve done this before my other posts heh

so yeah im lexou, i live in paris and im in my last year of highschool before hopefully joining art school

i dont really sprite that often but i dunno i guess i consider myself somewhat decent at it

also i hang around TSR quite a bit and i recognize some old members from there ;)

and is it just me or dayum are these emotes cute as fuq  :)

Offline Iviren-lexibel

• View Profile

Reply #385 on: November 16, 2013, 06:59:38 pm
Hello!

I'm somewhat of an aspiring game developer who's had an interest in pixel art for a long time. I've been lurking these forums for awhile, decided I might as well try joining here now.
I don't currently have any art I could try to get critique on due to some writers block, but I definitely would like to try to offer what critique I feel I can as well.

Offline jazzatt

• Pixel Painter
    • View Profile
    • Innocent Pixel

Reply #386 on: November 20, 2013, 07:01:11 pm
Hello everyone,

I started doing pixel art when I was playing Habbo (seems like agers ago now), as I used to create 'alterations'. Since then I have enjoyed creating various pixel art, and I prefer isometric. I'd like to become better at non-isometric art and so i've taken a peak at some work on here and it is all very inspiring. Hope to get to know some of you lot!

Offline 64Mega

• View Profile

Reply #387 on: November 20, 2013, 07:14:54 pm
Hello everybody,
I've been drawing pixel art for my games for some time, and have read a lot of the interesting guidelines and tips on this site over that time; so I decided to join up, so I can receive critique directly on my work!
I tend to prefer working with pixel art that uses a limited palette, and many of my games use restrictions on the art that resemble those of the NES/Famicom; I feel that this allows me to discipline myself and come up with creative uses for the few colors I have.

My avatar was, for the most part, pixel art. The keen eye will notice the cotton-wool. I added that via GIMP later, and regret it now (Clouds and fog aren't that difficult to draw). Lost the source project a long time ago.

Offline Amorphous

• AmorphousPixels
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/43158.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #388 on: November 23, 2013, 10:11:46 pm
Just popping in quickly to introduce myself -- I'm an amateur when it comes to art in general, I've lurked for a while, the usual.  :) I also have accounts on PJ and Wesnoth; the latter being the main reason I started messing around with pixel art in the first place. See you around!

Offline Hoj

• View Profile

Reply #389 on: December 18, 2013, 10:25:56 am
Hello. I am Hoj and I've just read the rules.

I'm an indie game developer (somewhat, I haven't finished a project in years). I've started working on a new game and I'm enjoying the spriting element of it, but it's difficult to do so much. I'm here for advise really, I've got stuck on a few things (ie. water, explosions). The quality of pixel art here is impressive so I'm hoping to tap into some talent.

I'll post up what I've been doing <3