AuthorTopic: FrostPumpkin  (Read 9604 times)

Offline tomblifter

• View Profile

Re: FrostPumpkin

Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 05:21:22 pm

The red part looks bad on the pumpkin. Not the colors, the shape. It looks too curvy.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 06:11:03 pm
Last 3 posts are all great crits, I think if you ease up on the shadows, go back to orange and blue, and stick to crystalline shapes you will have something really, really awesome on your hands (its already pretty sweet) - great work so far!

Offline FrostPumpkin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr

Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 07:37:25 pm

@Tomblifter : I like this part of the pumpkin, it makes it kinda cute

@adam : Thanks  :D

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 08:09:26 pm
i think part of the problem is that the ice itself ,the form of it doesn't make much sense content wise. i mean.. why is it jagged and pointing upwards? ice doesn't form like that on objects.. hence it looks more like a mineral.
you could for instance, put some green gnarly vines/stem with a few leaves in some creative way and put the ice originating from off the stem and flow downwards somehow and onto the pumpkin.. the addition o fthe green should be alright with the other secondary colors orange/purple.

Offline FrostPumpkin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr

Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 09:46:07 pm

It does look good to me, is it better than before ?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 10:01:33 pm by FrostPumpkin »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 10:09:31 pm
its more interesting now, yes.. i think you are trying not to change the ice though.. its not going to get any better if you aren't willing to drastically change the ice. sometimes getting rid of something good allows you to attain something greater (you might have grown attached to the work you already put into the ice, atleast that is my perspective).

edit: read you said you were unmotivated.. i suggest just forcing yourself to do some redoing of the ice and eventually you'll be over the fact of redoing it and actually doing it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 10:17:45 pm by Alex Hanson-White »

Offline FrostPumpkin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr

Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 10:16:50 pm
Yes, that's it, I'm rather conservative about the ice because I tried many times to get something decent.
Also, I really can't figure out HOW I will remake the ice. I have no real idea about how would look a cracked ice bloc on a pumpkin.
Maybe I ask a lot, but an edit would help me considerably to find the direction I should take with it.

Thanks

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 10:20:27 pm
i have to leave work right now, so maybe tomarrow i might be able to give it  shot(or someone else can), but you may want to try just doing some experimenting by doing a bunch of small scale ice tests/studies.. basically to figure out what works.. also find references if you havent already..

Offline willfaulds

• View Profile

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 05:33:38 pm
It might be an idea to add some water droplets or signs of melting ice somewhere on the pumpkin, to give a stronger impression of ice rather than crystals. More wet-ness.

I really love this though FrostPump, looks awesome.