AuthorTopic: Selfportrait. And first post.  (Read 2513 times)

Offline duffe

• View Profile

Selfportrait. And first post.

on: September 13, 2008, 04:38:44 pm

So its my first post. Hello all.

This is my first test using GraphicsGale, and I must say I like it a lot. Reminds me of Deluxe Paint back in the days. Also I guess the last time I did any pixel pushing was when Deluxe paint 4 was the best there was. So yes. That makes me old. And rusty..

Oh. Its a selfportrait. You dont know what I look like so Im just going to pretend that its spot on.. I tried to use the nes palette, but it was a bit halfhearted. Just using the colours and not paying attention to the other nes rules.

Any suggestions how to take this further is appreciated. Oh and thanks for the inspiration to get back to pixels and finding out about graphicsgale.

Offline Hana

• View Profile

Re: Selfportrait. And first post.

Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 06:31:31 pm
Welcome  ;D

I'm a beginner too here, so I don't pretend to give you great help.
good job with that picture, I like how you've used the colours. but I have something to say on proportions. the first thing I notice is the shape of the shoulders. actually, I don't know you, so I can't really say how your shoulders are, but those look so unnatural.
usually, shoulders are three heads large:

I'm not saying you have to draw them three heads large, I'm the first that doesn't. and, uh...try to make them a bit less rounded, especially the shaded one.

sorry if I made mistakes with english  :-[ I'm still studying it

Offline duffe

• View Profile

Re: Selfportrait. And first post.

Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 10:23:43 am

Yepp. Thats my fault for not following reference (in this case a mirror).

Made them broader..  :)