AuthorTopic: Ninja: Sidescrolling run  (Read 6023 times)

Offline Kable

• View Profile

Re: Ninja: Sidescrolling run

Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 03:54:20 pm
To Camus's other comment, sadly I've done a lot of run loops, but usually of the 8 frame variety. I tried to keep torso movement to a minimum as this is traditionally how samurai and ninja run. Always with at least one foot on the ground for stability... that way if your shoved you don't just go flying. I think adding arbitrary constraints to a motion creates character in the motion.. however you have to use those constraints to force you to be creative and solve the motion in a different way.. which I don't think I've successfully achieved.

I want to capture the charm of the idle anim, so I may take this all the way back to motion design... ah well.. when you care about something :)

(the other constraint is trying to use the minimum number of frames required to convey the motion and character in an appealing way)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Re: Ninja: Sidescrolling run

Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 09:47:45 pm
uhm, well yeah if you want to keep a certain attitude for a given character I think it's a good idea to figure out the basic pose he'll asume for each action before going and animating them all.

I'm making a suggestion for a run pose, and...well the lack of contrast in the ninja's suit just struck me, i find it really hard to make any depth with it. Would you consider changing his shading?