AuthorTopic: Attack in 3 frames! HELP  (Read 8726 times)

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Re: Attack in 3 frames! HELP

Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 12:02:57 pm
Eyebrows do not suddenly appear or get thicker when you smash someone with a sword. They may only change position. In addition to that, Ryona, give your guy a more neutral pose, and let him hold a sword also in his idle stance. On the overall it's a big improvement, it's just that the torso pose is messed up on the idle state.

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 12:17:22 pm
Uh.. I'm not the one who started this thread, TrevoriuS. lol
Just wanted to help Bhalzak.

And why must he be in a neutral pose? I don't recall Bhalzak saying the character must be in a neutral pose.
Also, I don't recall Bhalzak saying that the character must carry a sword at all times. Maybe Bhalzak might want the character's hands free to interact with random objects in the game.

And I can't really see what's messed up in the idle stance I made, but oh well, this thread isn't about me anyway.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 12:20:50 pm by Ryona »

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 12:24:06 pm
Uh.. I'm not the one who started this thread, TrevoriuS. lol
Just wanted to help Bhalzak.

And why must he be in a neutral pose? I don't recall Bhalzak saying the character must be in a neutral pose.
Also, I don't recall Bhalzak saying that the character must carry a sword at all times. Maybe Bhalzak might want the character's hands free to interact with random objects in the game.

And I can't really see what's messed up in the idle stance I made, but oh well, this thread isn't about me anyway.

He was talking about Ter-o's new edit. You probably missed it :D.
(The dodges tomato part in your edit post made me lol.)

Offline Bhalzak

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 01:11:52 pm
everything, thanks to all for the help that you are giving me.
i have put really badly unfortunately, however I always try to hock me.
The sprite is only an example, only to understand the mechanism that I then will use for all the other images, therefore not worried you about its beauty
>-<

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 01:40:04 pm
Are you saying you don't care how it looks? Then why post it here and have people waste time on giving critique?
Sorry if I misunderstood since it seems English is not your native language.

Offline Bhalzak

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 02:04:26 pm
yah,i came from italy

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 05:08:35 pm
if you only have a few frames, try to make the most of them.  change the character completely to give motion.

bad example, done in a few minutes and messed up the scale but it shows what i mean with the motion/different positions :

A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Mike

• View Profile
    • Scribble onto the Abyss

Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 01:40:52 am
I took a stab at it. ...or more like a slash. har har *dodges tomato*

I felt the overall sprite could be improved. Not just the attack.
I gave your little guy stronger character with a more interesting appearance and I made the tones more contrasty and vibrant.
The idle sprites I made to the left, one of them has a shoulder-strap which I think would be good to add because it shows that he carries a weapon on his back, and it also adds to the overall character.
The three sprites I made on the right are the attacking sprites.

While I think your animation and character are great and nicely animated I feel that Bhalzak should keep his character in his style.  The character you drew is extremely well drawn and posed, but I feel that Bhalzak is probably not at your level unfortunately.  I do not think it is possible to ramp up ones art ability and style in this short of a time frame therefore it is a bit unrealistic.  For Bhalzak I believe he should focus on making as much motion as he can if he only has 3 frames to work with.

Offline Bhalzak

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 07:18:37 am
While I think your animation and character are great and nicely animated I feel that Bhalzak should keep his character in his style.  The character you drew is extremely well drawn and posed, but I feel that Bhalzak is probably not at your level unfortunately.  I do not think it is possible to ramp up ones art ability and style in this short of a time frame therefore it is a bit unrealistic.  For Bhalzak I believe he should focus on making as much motion as he can if he only has 3 frames to work with.

Yeah,u have understand,i must use that style because i use a tool for made game (with her limitation)

mhm i have made a new animation ><

-> NEW EDIT:

Stance + 3 frames atk

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 07:32:10 am by Bhalzak »

Offline Corsair

• some assembly required
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 06:24:12 pm
That's better but it still needs some work.

no matter what you're going t have to move the body more to make it more believable. and it helps to go *across* the body, rather than paralell to it. swing an object. the natural motion isn't to go stright down with it, is it?

the animation should reflect this.