AuthorTopic: Wolfenstein sprites  (Read 4070 times)

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Wolfenstein sprites

on: July 13, 2008, 05:17:00 am
Hi all,

Haven't been pixelling much recently. I've started some sprites for a wolfenstein type game. Its still WIP. I'd like crits on the pallete because I wanted a second opinion before I get too far.

Thanks

Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Destiny

• View Profile

Re: Wolfenstein sprites

Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 05:30:11 am
I like the pallete alot. Its got a dark feeling, but it would be interesting to see the skin shades hit more of a greener tone, makes them look dirtier imo. Other than that, its nice, and I like the designs.

Offline chimico

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 11:07:23 pm
a very convincing palette to achieve a dark feeling... it's quite difficult to criticise it because it might be just a matter of personal taste, but i think that, even if these colors create a particular feel, when i see them together they become a bit too gaudy to me. here's a little edit on the zombie, i tried to keep colors as vivid as you did (and probably more than as you did XD this saturation hurts)
i do love the green you used on it, but believe it doesn't fit greatly with such a creature and with the other characters...
you could also change the little folks' skin, choosing a different tone for highlights. desaturating could help, but i imagined you wouldn't be enthusiastic to use it, and that you'd rather keep them as they are to preserve that particular atmosphere. but i'd use it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:10:25 pm by chimico »

Offline michael

• ))<>((
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 11:21:27 pm
definitely looking good! the ant baby is awesome :yell: i think that the red gloves on the liche guy are a bit bold, maybe desaturate them?