AuthorTopic: [WIP] Superhero wearing tights  (Read 2162 times)

Offline cce

• View Profile

[WIP] Superhero wearing tights

on: July 16, 2008, 06:16:29 pm
Hi,

I tried using Gimp as tool this time and I have to say it works great with the pixels.
But I'm not satisfied with the result, there is something wrong with his pose and the lights but I can't say what it is.  :-\

C+C please.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 07:37:40 pm by ptoing »

Offline michael

• ))<>((
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Superhero wearing tights

Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 08:58:48 pm
i like his pose, but he needs a lot of work. right now you have like a pixel sketch, the lines need to be cleaned up. with sprites this small each pixel is responsible for conveying a lot of information and so the placement and relationships are very important. when your pieces are this small, lines cant be random. i think his right side is looking pretty good, but his left side needs work, and unfortunately his head is no good. but a head at that size is pretty difficult to do, you really need to abstract the details so the the views mind can infer them.

the design you have doesnt really tell me much about who this superhero is, you might want to make him more descriptive. if you tell us more about him, we can help you find a more effective way to portray him. the shading needs lots of work (its pretty much just pillow embossed right now) but im not really qualified to help with that.