AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 318595 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #880 on: October 15, 2008, 02:05:20 am
Happy Birfday, yo! :D :y:

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #881 on: October 15, 2008, 02:12:51 am
Happy burfday! As far as doing stuff goes, 20 is inconsequential, 21 is proper age where everything goes!
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Willows

• View Profile

Reply #882 on: October 15, 2008, 03:26:32 am
Dogs can be trained not to attack living beings too.

Not necessarily, at least not unless you've had personal control over the bloodline for a few generations. We used to have an English Mastiff in the family. Big, cute, and raised by my eldest brother, who loves dogs a whole bunch. With the guidance of two vet friends and a past experience of three dog ownerships throughout his life, not to mention friends-with-dogs and the like, he raised Ramona (the dog!) and kept her well acquainted with other dogs and animals and children during her childhood. She was great with kids, but had a tendency to... well, play a little rough with the little dogs that sniffed her butt. Nothing agressive, not out for blood (If you've met a mastiff you know their nature. Big, mopey, dopey things).

She once attacked a man without warning while my brother was sitting on a park bench. He had her on a leash, and she just lunged at him. My brother stopped her, but the man was notably scared. 100-odd pounds of dog is little laughing matter.

About three weeks later, she decided to attack a lady's little poodle or... one of those fluffy little dogs. The lady panicked and hit Ramona, so Ramona scratched her or pawed her or something. The details aren't clear, just the lady got a scratch on her arm.

Noone pressed charges, but recurrance of incidents inspired my brother to put her down, to prevent a REAL problem.

Yeah. Raised right and clean, her family bloodline couldn't be trained out (Her mom was a farm dog, had killed a few cats. Her brother had the same mean streak, just faar more evident. Both were put down before Ramona was)

P.S. Thanks much for the links, guys! Helps out a bunch, great amount of reading and looking to do now.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #883 on: October 15, 2008, 08:23:37 am
Brought her home tonight, doesn't look like any bones have been fractured, just some bad grazing, lots of bruising and some exposed bone on her left legs- so she's wearing casts :ouch:
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #884 on: October 15, 2008, 05:51:13 pm
Happy burfday! As far as doing stuff goes, 20 is inconsequential, 21 is proper age where everything goes!
Wha?? I've been 21 for almost a year and it's been one of the most uneventful years of my life! Except for the almost-gotten-a-job bit. That's never happened before.

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #885 on: October 16, 2008, 03:45:32 am
So Dead Space is pretty much the scariest thing ever. Survival horror games up until this point have bored me to tears, they're almost never genuinely scary just really gory. (Until now I think the only game that legitimately scared me was Half Life 2... fricken head crabs)
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline leroy

• Go with the flow
    • View Profile

Reply #886 on: October 16, 2008, 10:24:40 am
Can't wait for Dead Space, nothing really scared me either except the Antlion Guard in HL2 Episode Two where you couldn't kill it. And Lisa Trevor.

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #887 on: October 16, 2008, 10:52:34 am
Yeah, i'm looking forward to Dead Space as well. Based on interviews they have good principles in their gamedesign and i'd like to see how they work in practice. Also bonus points for not having a space marine, but instead a miner who fights with mining equipment.

Need to wait for one more week for the PC version (whoo, 20€ cheaper than on consoles).

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #888 on: October 16, 2008, 12:19:26 pm
Oh yeah that gun that alt-fires shots all around in a 360 arc? Total mining equipment.

Offline leroy

• Go with the flow
    • View Profile

Reply #889 on: October 16, 2008, 12:24:34 pm
Oh yeah that gun that alt-fires shots all around in a 360 arc? Total mining equipment.

But it's in the FUTURE.  :P
And isn't the guy an engineer?