AuthorTopic: Three WIPs  (Read 21529 times)

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Re: Three WIPs

Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 12:16:21 am

I like the way the hand looks now but it really makes no sense pose wise (unless he's a violent panhandler). I'll fix it. Also the upper arm of his left arm needs lengthening, I thought I fixed that but I guess not.

Also I might take this opportunity to say that capcom art is pretty hilarious. We're all being mean about the HD remake of SFII, but this isn't really much more plausible or useful imo. What is that, a tumour ready to pop on his shoulder?
I'll quote my past-self here: "Yeah the original has some pretty wonky bits and overall is pretty disgusting, which is part of the reason I made the remake. To tone it down with extreme prejudice." Thanks a lot for the edit, it was quite helpful, and I think it looks better now.

Not that it excuses the bizarre construction of Alex's left arm....when animated the movement of his hand is even more inhuman.
You mean your fingers don't move left and right, and you don't flex your thumb when you stand around? ???

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 09:45:05 am
I feel most points of my edit have been adressed in your current version. Good job. Keep it up. Why not go ahead and finish the rendering before a rain of nitpickery starts to build?

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 02:45:41 am
I dont think the abs are currently supporting his pose right now - with his legs facing one direction and his upper-body facing the other.  Showing a bit more twist in his abs should solve this.  Right now it is very detached and breaks the flow.  More detailed critique later

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 09:19:41 am
Before you tackle Indigo's point I would say plan out a new pose altogether, I know its been said but I think it is very important you do it now before going any further. The pose definitely doesn't fit. It looks more like his asking for money or he will stab you with his invisible knife than ready to bust out a fighting move. I immediately thought of a few minor changes by looking at the image you have at the moment that would give a more realistic pose, however it doesn't suit the character you have at all.

:P
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: August 05, 2008, 11:07:34 pm
Would you believe I'm still working on these?

Step back in terms of rendering, I want to get all the other stuff right first. Nose and lips are still a little off though.

Changes animation:

http://cow.lastchancemedia.com/hugh12anim.gif

EDIT:

EDIT AGAIN:

Gonna start finishing this up unless there's any objections.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 08:05:03 pm by Cow »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 08:13:26 pm
It's bad form to throw a bit of dither on the forehead and not anywhere else.

The volumes for this are astounding. I hope your finish is as good as this piece demands.

Offline LoTekK

• View Profile
    • LoTekK.com

Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 08:36:05 pm
Good lord, that's looking incredible, and it's certainly come a long way from where you started. Large (and by this I mean anything larger than, say, 64x64 :P) pixel pieces such as this always managed to astound me, simply for the patience required to work on them. Anything on this scale I'd personally just paint and leave the pixelling for touchup work only. :crazy:

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 06:16:48 am

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: July 29, 2013, 01:50:37 pm
I think the shoulders could be a little wider. Great job so far  :)

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #29 on: July 29, 2013, 02:52:11 pm
Maybe it's a bit to dark

"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter