AuthorTopic: [WIP]Fighting Horse  (Read 2934 times)

Offline Caliber9

• View Profile

[WIP]Fighting Horse

on: May 12, 2008, 11:16:38 pm
Hey Guys I'm pretty new here I was wondering if anybody would like to give me some critiques on this character and animation I'm working on.

All comments are welcome! I'm looking for comments on the pixelling or the animation or both  Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 11:19:50 pm by Caliber9 »

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Re: [WIP]Fighting Horse

Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 01:06:16 am
The pixeling needs a fair bit of work. The animation looks pretty sweet mostly, you should make some more fluent movement in the jump slash as right now he looks a little like he isn't putting any effort into it, just lifting his legs and floating. I might give a pixel edit shortly but mostly it just seems a little sketchy.
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline Fool

• View Profile
    • Fool's House

Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 02:29:26 am
Animation looks quite scketchy, but as much as i can say at this stage - get rid of highlights on the back, it is pretty confusing since same bright spots appear on a chest as well.=)

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 02:35:50 am
>>>
My attempt at an edit.
Basically I just redid all the colouring. Remember its all about picking a light source (Top is typical for a game character) and then highlighting and shading to go with this light source. Also don't forget subtle hue shifts to improve the appearance and add a sense of realism. In my edit there is a lot of subtle expression of detail, it might be a good idea to zoom in and see how I went about things so you can emulate the detailing I have showed. This might be a bit to detailed for you to handle whilst creating animations, it will become very time consuming if you go as far as I have on this still for each frame of the animation.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 03:01:27 am by zeid »
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline Caliber9

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 10:19:14 pm
Hey Zeid, thanks so much for the edit.  I liked your edit a lot.  I re-worked him and changed the palette though not as much as you did .  I want to still keep the colors somewhat desaturated as I want sort of a dark and gritty style.  Yours seems to still pop more compared to my edit.  Do you think I went too far on the lighting for animations?  I'm going to apply it to my attacking animation and see how long it takes.  Thanks for the help Zied and Fool as well.  Any more comments would be appreciated.