AuthorTopic: ~ Random Pixels ~  (Read 12127 times)

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Re: ~ Random Pixels ~

Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 09:10:41 pm
I really like the style, but it looks pretty washed out now. The shading on the pipes also makes them look a bit flat.

Something more like this, maybe?

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 09:20:42 pm
Um, yeah Arachne said everything I was going to say, but then she made a great edit too.  So...I guess that's it.  Character is adorable!

Offline LMR

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 09:22:30 pm
I really like the style, but it looks pretty washed out now. The shading on the pipes also makes them look a bit flat.

Something more like this, maybe?

Hey that looks really awesome! I like how you gave the tiles more depth.  :y:
This gave me some ideas ~ let's see if I can do some    
improvement.  ::)

Um, yeah Arachne said everything I was going to say, but then she made a great edit too.  So...I guess that's it.  Character is adorable!
Great to hear that you like the new char.  :y:

Offline AlienQuark

• be triangular
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 09:24:49 pm
I agree with Arachne's edit, and I definitely think the character is cute as all get out. Definitely some really nice stuff going on there.

Offline Willows

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 10:12:09 pm
As for the similar character bit, the head of your character bears distinct resemblance to the monkeys from a game I used to play long ago, Illutia. I'm too lazy to track down a better shot of said monkey, but here's evidence that I'm not entirely insane:

Cute as hell character, though :D

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 06:39:18 am
yeah, the big ears make him look a bit monkey-like (which add cuteness, imho), but he's clearly wearing a helmet here, and imho, has some foreign affiliation with both Bomberman and Megaman, which perfectly fit the "shoot and run" look of the game. Good job at how you make him look so determined compared e.g. to Quote in Cave Story (which is a bit too unexpressive to my tastes). I'm looking forward to see him jump, run and hook on the ceiling to swing above dangerous areas :)

Initially, i thought the ninja-webcam thing was the character and that the battery-thing was an opponent. I guess you could keep both of them as opponents without any problem.
Also, i cannot exactly decide whether the green things that grow out of the ground are crystals or vegetal lifeform (well, it could be a crystal-vegetal lifeform too

Offline LMR

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 03:48:51 pm
Thanks for the comments, I will reply your posts later though, I'm kinda in hurry atm.  :blind:

Made it too noisy? Pipes are still wip ~

Next time more stuff rather than tile edits.  :n:

I agree with Arachne's edit, and I definitely think the character is cute as all get out. Definitely some really nice stuff going on there.
Thanks.  :)

As for the similar character bit, the head of your character bears distinct resemblance to the monkeys from a game I used to play long ago, Illutia. I'm too lazy to track down a better shot of said monkey, but here's evidence that I'm not entirely insane:

Cute as hell character, though :D
Now that you say so, it does slightly remind of monkey.  ;D

yeah, the big ears make him look a bit monkey-like (which add cuteness, imho), but he's clearly wearing a helmet here, and imho, has some foreign affiliation with both Bomberman and Megaman, which perfectly fit the "shoot and run" look of the game. Good job at how you make him look so determined compared e.g. to Quote in Cave Story (which is a bit too unexpressive to my tastes). I'm looking forward to see him jump, run and hook on the ceiling to swing above dangerous areas :)

Initially, i thought the ninja-webcam thing was the character and that the battery-thing was an opponent. I guess you could keep both of them as opponents without any problem.
Also, i cannot exactly decide whether the green things that grow out of the ground are crystals or vegetal lifeform (well, it could be a crystal-vegetal lifeform too
I must admit that I've got some megaman influence in my work ~ oh and those things are supposed to be grass or small plants etc.  :blind:

Feron: Thanks ~

Teknogames: You've got some nice ideas there.  ::)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:06:10 pm by LMR »

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 10:30:17 pm
i liked the green plants...

nice stuff going on here :)

Offline Teknogames

• Indie Game Dev - http://teknopants.com
    • View Profile
    • Teknopants.com

Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 11:14:29 pm
I think the rocks should have more color relation with the pipes

or perhaps you should make some more rock tiles that would be placed near the pipes to create more variation.
Indie Game Dev - http://teknopants.com

Offline LMR

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 06:13:53 am
I find it not necessary to start a new topic for this picture, so I posted it here. I've started to make some graphics for my new game that I've been working on for couple of days, but now I've got these problems with depth issues. problem 1# hairs: should I do something to 'em or just keep 'em simple colour as they're now? prob. 2# How to make stone tiles look less flat ~ prob. 3# How to give that monster character's shell more depth without making itmore complex, so it would fit the game's current simple graphic style? If anyone could help I'd appreciate it. :)

Oh and the 2x picture 'cos firefox makes pics blurry when zooming 'em...

edit: Forgot to mention that the monster is [WIP], it's gonna be twice as big as it's now ~

edit2: added 1x pic

edit3: edited stones a little bit ~

edit4: updated 2x picture

« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 11:02:22 am by LMR »