AuthorTopic: My first isometric  (Read 5239 times)

Offline Ricardo

• View Profile
    • Sin Rumbo

My first isometric

on: April 22, 2008, 01:05:13 am
Hi.
I am one of those typical guys who post once every six months (annoying people, isnt?)... Last time it was about the character for one game, but finally that game never was starter, so I did nothing in this time, till now. A couple of weeks ago just for fun I start doing some pixel art, first in simple 2D, then isometric. I show you what I did, for some critics.

This is the first thing, very simple, some portraits of my work coleages.

And this is the next, more ambitious proyect. My office (part of it) in isometric.

This picture is not finished yet, I am working on it, but there is almost 80% done. I need to implement more characters, more details, and some text in both upper corners (because it looks so empty...).
Anyway, any critic, idea, opinion, suggestion, is welcome.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 01:16:19 am by Ricardo »

Offline tehwexxl0rz

• Swing the bat.
    • ianwexl0rz
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/15996.htm
    • View Profile
    • Ian Wexler | Game Developer

Re: My first isometric

Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 07:44:52 am
Be sure to keep your lighting consistent in the isometric image. Right now, it's kind of all over the place.

I like the various monitors. :P

Offline Red_Mist

• Not enough pixels in the world.
    • View Profile
    • FuzionLLC

Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 02:22:22 pm
hmm.. why not add a giant plasma/lcd display in one of the empty corners...
overall, I like the detail and effort you put into this piece. keep going!
<Xion> I can't see it why can't I see it

Offline Ricardo

• View Profile
    • Sin Rumbo

Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 01:36:00 am
Thanks for the answers.
I was thinking about to add a realistic direccional light after finish all the details, but in fact we use to work with artificial light, especially in the evening shift (my shift), so that is the usual light in the office, a kind of "electric all over the place and boring light"...
The hardest part of this is becoming the characters, because they should look similar to the real persons, and is not easy...
I will post here the final picture, as soon as I finish it.

Offline tehwexxl0rz

• Swing the bat.
    • ianwexl0rz
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/15996.htm
    • View Profile
    • Ian Wexler | Game Developer

Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 05:08:29 am
It's fine if there are several light sources but you need to know what those light sources are. Right now that explanation does not carry through to the image; it just looks sloppy in places where objects are flipped without any correction of lighting (i.e. the chairs, the refrigerators). IMO, this is seriously hurting your image overall.

Offline Ricardo

• View Profile
    • Sin Rumbo

Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 11:43:09 pm
After months of lazyness, I finish (almost) that picture.

Offline Hyrule_SwordsMan

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 01:09:19 am
its really hard to work with shadows.
it looks like the source of light is really near the floor, like a sun set or w/e
there are some stuff that doesnt have shadows for example the pcs over the tables, the table aside the blue trash can.
if u pay attention the locker's shadow (the ones looking at the camera) over itself is one sort of grey. okay, now the lockers facing the other direction should have that same color for the "default" tone, because they are already on shadows... im not really sure if i make myslef clear.
I dont thing that the light coming from the windows is the same size as the windows, nor have they shadows.