AuthorTopic: Skeletroids dump - Update: You've got friends!  (Read 56537 times)

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Re: Skeletroids dump - Update: You've got friends!

Reply #90 on: July 03, 2008, 04:00:48 pm
It might be fun to break some cliches, and buff the Hacker up a bit. Then the weapons expert could be a nerdy grease-monkey. I'm guessing from the cartoony style that the game isn't striving for some kind of fictional realism (like in Firefly or something).

Offline cococamo919

• cococamo191
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp
    • cococamo919
    • cococamo919
    • cameron troup
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio

Reply #91 on: August 09, 2016, 10:38:54 pm
the beret lady looks cute

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Skeletroids dump

Reply #92 on: August 09, 2016, 11:27:02 pm
Just a wee little update...
Started drawing some of the supporting characters... kind of like in Metal Gear Solid, you've got a support team back on your mothership. Although this game will have much more streamlined dialogue than Metal Gear  ::) One thing I hate is when it takes a half-hour of reading text to get to the actual game.

From left to right:
Hacker, Weapons expert, Mission commander, Science Officer.

I'm already reconsidering some of these designs... the commander looks uncomfortably similar to Jill Valentine and the science officer is probably gonna bleach her hair.
Oh, there's nothing wrong with looking like other characters. You could even mark it down as an homage, rake in some nerd cred from the people who like the character.
I also like the variety here a lot, especially the hacker. He looks like a real weirdo and I always do love the weird ones!
I'd try to vary up the girls a bit more though, there's a lot of difference between the hacker and the weapons master both in terms of complexion and body build yet the two girls are only really differentiated through their clothing and hairstyles.
It'd make sense to give the Commander a bit more muscle, since that's a very physically demanding job!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Curly

• View Profile

Reply #93 on: August 10, 2016, 12:31:35 am
Oh, there's nothing wrong with looking like other characters. You could even mark it down as an homage, rake in some nerd cred from the people who like the character.
I also like the variety here a lot, especially the hacker. He looks like a real weirdo and I always do love the weird ones!
I'd try to vary up the girls a bit more though, there's a lot of difference between the hacker and the weapons master both in terms of complexion and body build yet the two girls are only really differentiated through their clothing and hairstyles.
It'd make sense to give the Commander a bit more muscle, since that's a very physically demanding job!
That post is from 2008 :P

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #94 on: August 10, 2016, 01:14:12 am
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #95 on: August 10, 2016, 01:54:53 am
pffff... :P locked.