AuthorTopic: I Need Idea's  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Wattsie1993

• A Pile Of Pixel
    • View Profile

I Need Idea's

on: April 06, 2008, 11:37:02 am
I am preferably new at pixel art, seen as i haven't given myself the time to practice. I know there are the weekly challenges, but they are always too hard when i try.
I need a challenge for my skill level (noob).
I usually end up making very very symetrical peices.
I want something that will test my skill and end up really good (for me)

So please, if you could post ideas of where i could start, i would be very greatful
Wattsie~

??? ;D
This isn't very important.

Offline Hibernated

• View Profile

Re: I Need Idea's

Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 12:07:09 pm
Me too :)

At the moment I'm just finding pieces I like and trying to figure out what makes them look good, then just pixeling anything I am interested in trying to put in anything new I've picked up... and old of course! :D I'm then moving on to a tileset and after that maybe a stylistic cityscape or something?
All the help I can give really... lol!

Good luck finding something. :)

Offline eXodus

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 02:22:13 pm
Maybe start with some simple Isometric shapes (Cube/Triangle/Sphere) and see how that goes. the play around with those, maybe make a small house (still isometric)..

Or, if you don't like to do isometric, or just not in the mood, then all I can really suggest is kind of just work on smaller things, to build your skill with using colors. And how you shade and use your shine effect in them. (Good way to test shine effect is to make a pole, try your best to make it look rounded without just straight pillow shading.)

Maybe make some smaller tiles, landscaping kinds. Grass (keep it around 3-5 colors), Mud, Sand, Cliffs.... This is a good forum to view on where to start when beginning tiles - http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=2302.0

Offline Wattsie1993

• A Pile Of Pixel
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 02:54:31 pm
Thankyou, i will take these idea's into consideration.
Please keep them coming
 :D
This isn't very important.