AuthorTopic: [WIP] Hi! My first pixel here  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Jaimito

• Gominola boy
    • View Profile
    • Jaimito at Deviantart

[WIP] Hi! My first pixel here

on: March 31, 2008, 08:16:02 am
Hello!
I really like this forum and I decided to share this with you.
What do you think about this pixel art?
I'm going to animate this a little.
Nice to meet you.

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Hi! My first pixel here

Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 11:00:42 am
Her right arm and the bottom part of her shirt look odd. Shading could use some work, overall nice job for your first pixel!

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 12:44:38 pm
Hey, welcome!  :D

Well, the left arm deosn't read well to me, but i might just be blind. The anatomy is really strange... just is in general funky-spunky looking.

And it looks like the left hand has three fingers. :]

Overall though, great job and reallllly nice color choice and and pretty decent job on shading, thats a thoughie to master. How long have you been doing pixel art? is this your first?
If so AMAZING job!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 12:46:31 pm by coran »

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 01:15:22 pm
I like the face and hair.

the shoulders are too wide. Are you trying to be 'realistic'? Even if not, why exagerate her shoulders? I would suggest redrawing the shoulders and also redraw the arms.

Is that a cookie or button? Her right hand (holds cookie) has issues - I currently read it as having the thumb on the wrong side.

Nice pallete. Maybe think about highlight for hat too (ie. shirt has three shades, hat currently only has two).

Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Jaimito

• Gominola boy
    • View Profile
    • Jaimito at Deviantart

Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 03:46:06 pm
Hi!
First of all thanks for the comments.
This sprite is just for testing. I'm working on the preproduction of a videogame and we are thinking on change the overall style of the graphics.
This is not my first time making pixel art but this is the first time that I work with characters, I use to work in user interface assets like for menus, buttons, etc...
I made this from an old art, you know, the posture is from an old drawing and it has a cartoon look with all the anatomy modified.
Today we tried to animate this in Nitro and I wish I could show you the results but it's impossible to export animations to gif files but I made this crappy animated gif.